How to remove car traffic from scenery?

annber

Besides the obvious setting your car traffic to zero in the options?

I suspect you need to do more than just create photo-real imagery and need to layer in definitions for tunways, taxiways and roads so the AI will be aware of them and act accordingly just as if you were creating non-photo real scenery.

-Pv-

2 carrot salad, 10.41 liter bucket, electric doorbell, 17 inch fan, 12X14, 85 Dbm

Besides the obvious setting your car traffic to zero in the options?

I suspect you need to do more than just create photo-real imagery and need to layer in definitions for tunways, taxiways and roads so the AI will be aware of them and act accordingly just as if you were creating non-photo real scenery.

-Pv-

I assume that settings to zero means no traffic anywhere? I would not enjoy that.

It may be time for me to expand my still infant scenery creation skills Pv. Actually, I have been putting off figuring out how to add layers for AI, and that is the right way to go about it, you are spot on there. In the meantime, I read that creating a traffic exclusion thru ADE might be a temp fix, I will check that out.

a traffic exclusion thru ADE works great for this.

The traffic will still be visible on both sides, but will not be on the airport itself.

To use ADE you will also need to have the FSX SDK installed.

The SDK is included on the FSX Deluxe Disks.

It is also possible to install it for the Steam version.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

If you want to install ADE and the FSX SDK, have a look at my post #6 in this thread.

https://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/showthread.php?286712-can-i-make-a-grass-strip-airstrip-out-in-the-boonies

Hi, in fact I read a post you contributed to a while back, and was using that to see if I could make it work. Specifically this:

1: create a polygon around the area you want to exclude the traffic.

2: double click the edge of it. a box opens

3: in "type", select "exclude general"

4: select "freeway traffic"

5: click OK.

Never did this one myself, but just opened ADE and I think that is it. I do know it does work like that for other autogen like trees. Not going to test it now by installing airfields.

Enjoy!

So far I have tried that but it does not seem to work for me. Any thoughts why?:confused::confused:

ADE version is now newer but that isn't it. I'm using version: 1.65.5492 now, but the menu is still the same.

what do you mean with "it doesn't work"?

No polygon?

no box opens?

or all the steps done ok but you still have traffic.

I opened ADE at a test airport and could create the exclusion easily. Can'st test if it is effective.

I did use this function a while ago when creating a completely new airport (new location) and it excluded the road just fine then.

I did see in the box you can also choose "exclude specific", there are also road options in there.

And in "exclude general" you can exclude either 'freeway traffic' or 'roads'. Maybe try those.

I found a thread here in the archive that suggests that UTX traffic may be harder to exclude, but it's an from 2010, so maybe not relevant.

https://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/archive/index.php/t-211848.html

I'm afraid I can't help you with it further. Better to ask in the scenery developers forum:

https://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/forumdisplay.php?27-Scenery-Design

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

You might try SBuilderX, the poly would be tagged "Exclude_All_Freeway_Traffic_Roads" in that case. Note that freeway traffic lines clip to QMID15 boundaries (approx 1.2 km square) so it's possible that a small exclude might simply not be covering enough area. Turn on QMID 15 grid display in SBuilder and make an exclusion in each QMID15 cell that you want to eliminate traffic from, right click each poly and "fill to QMID 15". Make new freeway traffic lines for any in the excluded area that you want to keep.

Jim

Thanks for the advice Jim, somehow I got it to work, but in a confusing way, which makes me believe I must have done something wrong along the way.

The airport in question is SPEO, as I am developing a photoreal area that goes from the coast to SPHZ, next to the second highest peak in Latin America. I used the default SPEO and corrected the runway position and placed some objects thru ADE. Did a flatten, etc.

Thanks again il88pp, I followed the instructions for excluding freeway traffic, did a compile, and the first time I loaded FSX I still had traffic. Did a second traffic exclusion thru ADE and ended up with two SPEO_ADEX_BGD_CVX.bgl files in the same folder, named exactly the same but created at different times, and now there is no car traffic going thru the airport.

... ended up with two SPEO_ADEX_BGD_CVX.bgl files in the same folder...

That is not possible.

Windows will not allow 2 files with the exact same name in the same folder.

Something is amiss.

peace,

the Bean

WWOD---What Would Opa Do? Farewell, my freind (sp)

Never argue with idiots.

They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

Nope, there's a space between CVX and .bgl in the upper one.

SPEO_ADEX_BGD_CVX .bgl

SPEO_ADEX_BGD_CVX.bgl

OK Jim, I promise to make an appointment with the optometrist next week, about time I get real reading glasses instead of the $5 over the counter version.:rolleyes:

Now I need to check which one is the one that eliminates the traffic.

Archived