Annoying AI traffic "Pop Up" issue at Airports

Langeveldt

Hi all

I have reached the end of my tether with this issue and was wondering if anyone could help.

When I approach an airport about only half the AI traffic displays itself, and the rest "pop up" as I touch down or get close to the terminal.

I have this problem using either Ultimate Traffic, MyTraffic or MyTraffic 2010.

My specs are good, I have 16GB RAM and no trouble running FSX on detailed settings with good frame rates. Everything else runs like a dream in FSX.

I have played around with literally all settings in game, texture resolution, AI traffic density, and turning things on and off with no success. Even with 10% traffic, the odd aircraft will show popped up, before the rest suddenly appear when I taxi close.

I'm going to attach a video when it finishes uploading.

Any help would be hugely appreciated!

You could try a trick sometimes used by people with AI display problems, disable "Aircraft casts shadows on the ground" (Settings->Display->Aircraft).

https://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/showthread.php?285719-AI-Planes-not-shoing&highlight=traffic+problem

I've already tried that, thanks anyway

Here is a video which may show my problem better

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RlXsiuyrY0g&feature=youtu.be

What is your frame rate limiter set to? The lower it is, the more it will try and limit the display of AI further from you. As you raise the limiter, the more your frame rates will drop because more traffic is allowed near you. It's a balancing act. You will not get what you think is perfect.

There are multiple factors involved:

1) FS Trying to optimize your performance by preventing you from seeing things which lower your frame rates needlessly (like models being rendered when you cannot even see them or are looking the wrong way.)

2) Your traffic density settings which determine how many planes will appear based on type and priority.

3) The time of day for the density for the airport. If you are taxiing into the the terminal and it's time for an AI to run its schedule, it will pop up at the terminal which is its starting place which is why you see this there more than any other place.

-Pv-

2 carrot salad, 10.41 liter bucket, electric doorbell, 17 inch fan, 12X14, 85 Dbm

Archived