Imaginesim KATL Atlanta, no good.

alexzar14

Yes it does, the manual says the scenery setting must be set to max.

I don't know why they had to "reinvent the bicycle" with this one, why couldn't they do it like everybody else does it.

Just curious, did you try the free demo before buying?

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

I haven't used this scenery, but if I had to guess at the reasoning, if this scenery is pretty intense such as jetways at every gate, the graphic load must be pretty intense so they expect people with very high end machines to want gates and others none, but still get a lot of other airport detail.

More likely than not, this decision is a result of their internal testing while balancing their objectives for the scenery. Not every computer behaves the same way.

Related, they also likely didn't test the scenery with every possible aircraft which was on the market when they released it (tens of thousands) and certainly not on aircraft which didn't exist when they released it. Most developers test with default aircraft because that's what everybody has (whether they fly them or not) unless they specifically mention it. The more money you spend on a product, the more research required to be sure you get what you expect for the money.

Just speculating knowing a bit about how developers, testers and marketing works together...

-Pv-

2 carrot salad, 10.41 liter bucket, electric doorbell, 17 inch fan, 12X14, 85 Dbm

Yes. It's not about money here, it's about Atlanta scenery, I don't know what to do about it.

Who flies and lands the iFly 747 with scenery settings on Extra-High?

Who flies anywhere in a high-intensity aircraft with the settings on extra-high? I think you've found the problem.

Doug

Intel 10700K @ 5.0 Ghz, Asus Maxumus XII Hero MB, Noctua NH-U12A Cooler, Corsair Vengence Pro 32GB 3200Mhz, Geforce RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, and other good stuff.

Did Imaginesim warn people in the advertising that it needed max density settings?

If there was no warning you could try for a refund.

"We want you to be happy when buying one of our airports so please try the free demo version first to make sure that everything works smoothly with your PC setup. Once you have purchased you will need an internet connection to complete installation."

That's why I asked about trying the demo version first. The quote above was from the front page of Imaginsim KATL.

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

Pv, the reference to iFly 747 was a figurative speech, meaning basically a payware aircraft released as way back as 2006.

ScatterbrainKid, I used a trial version, no refund is necessary. Again what I am talking about here is an FSX addon-development-equivalent to a medial or an engineering error, where a developer did not properly address the design techniques. Although to me it would appear obvious - no scenery should be designed to show up with EXTRA-HIGH display settings only, especially when it comes to jetways. It's good but not overcomplexed, no reason absolutely to exclude the jetways. A sad error.

Archived