Disappearing Mouse

bobraw776

I found that the mouse cursor disappeared when I flew fsx in full screen. It took me a while to figure it out, so if it happens to you here's the cure. (Windows 7)

Control Panel/Mouse/Pointer Options/Visibility. Ensure Hide 'Pointer while typing' is not ticked.

Bob

I have this option enabled on my mouse and it doesn't bother my FSX at all. I program gauges and build FDEs and I'm tasking switching between FSX and text editors for testing hundreds of times a day without problems and I use full screen about 99% of the time.

FSX has a feature built into it which hides the mouse hand automatically when it hasn't been used for a while. All you have to do is move the mouse a tiny amount and it comes back. The purpose is of course to keep the mouse from hiding stuff when it's not being used.

You don 't have to lose Windows mouse cursor features to fully use FSX.

-Pv-

2 carrot salad, 10.41 liter bucket, electric doorbell, 17 inch fan, 12X14, 85 Dbm

Paul's got it right -- it's much simpler to just nudge the mouse gently when you want to see it. That also (for me, at least) improves the illusion of realism, since there's no mouse cursor in real life.

Larry N.

As Skylab would say:

Remember: Aviation is NOT an exact Science!

I get absolutely no frame rate hit at all (not even 1/10th) not only with the mouse icon showing, but moving it rapidly around on the screen. A 10 frame drop? Never. This sounds like a system which is already over-taxed or a very bad mouse driver.

-Pv-

2 carrot salad, 10.41 liter bucket, electric doorbell, 17 inch fan, 12X14, 85 Dbm

Archived