Faster Aircraft switching tool (and Traffic Optimizer) for P3D

DukeSan27

Here's a tool to switch aircraft faster in P3D. Extract all files to folder, and run AirTrafficManager.exe. Click on the "Aircraft Browser" button, select you aircraft and click load.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/zmdftsy127jgux2/AirTrafficManagerFSX-P3D_Radar.zip

Note that this results in a flight load so be aware of the effects. Also note that P3D leaks memory when you switch aircraft, so if you switch too many times in same session it will result in OOM.

In case you have not seen it before, AirTrafficManager is tool which allows you to limit AI traffic and gain FPS and the same time have decent amount of traffic around you. So crank up the traffic settings inside P3D and set a target number, say 50 or 100, in the AirTrafficManager and check Optimize. Every minute it should clean up AI traffic above the target count.

(I have added aircraft switch feature to it to avoid maintaining another program.)

Win10 / 4790K@4.6 / 32GB / 3x980Ti SLI / 3x 4K Monitors

Orbx FTX Global Base + Vector + FS Global + REX Texture Direct + Soft Clouds

Same effect achieved by simply associating the P3d .exe with saved flight suffix .fxml.

Then, using the Start menu in Windows, you can select the arrow to the right of Prepar3d v2 button, choose the flight you want to fly from the recent flight menu, click and go straight into that flight. Frankly that's even simpler than loading an additional application unless you want to change the airplane.

Although Air Traffic Manager can grab and reduce over-population of the AI.

Same effect achieved by simply associating the P3d .exe with saved flight suffix .fxml.

Then, using the Start menu in Windows, you can select the arrow to the right of Prepar3d v2 button, choose the flight you want to fly from the recent flight menu, click and go straight into that flight. Frankly that's even simpler than loading an additional application unless you want to change the airplane.

Although Air Traffic Manager can grab and reduce over-population of the AI.

I think you missed the point, or I have missed yours.

What you are describing loads a flight and loads whatever aircraft is saved in that flight, and also moves you to the saved location.

What this does is that it changes the aircraft to one of your choice and keeps you where you are.

In your solution you would have to have one flight saved with each aircraft variation saved, and still you would end up somewhere else. That would be 300 flights for me.

Hey Duke - thanx for posting the link. I use the old ATM to occasionally control traffic and find it helpful. Does ATM load the default flight with the new a/c selection or is there a provision to also select a flight?

Vic

P3D Rig

I7 7700K @ 5.0ghz Asus Maximus X270 16G G.Skill 3600 15-15-15-18 2T EVGARTX2080ti Corsair 1000W PSU 1TB Samsung SSD for P3D - 2 - 256G OCZ Vector SSD - HAF X - Corsiar H100i V2 Liquid Cooler W10 64 Pro.

Hey Duke - thanx for posting the link. I use the old ATM to occasionally control traffic and find it helpful. Does ATM load the default flight with the new a/c selection or is there a provision to also select a flight?

Vic

Hey Vic,

When you click load, the tool saves your current situation to a temporary flight, and then edits the flight fxml to replace with the aircraft you selected, and then loads the temporary flight back again.

So its almost like changing planes from the P3D menu, your location/time stays the same, but just the aircraft changes to what you wanted.

Edit: A couple of bugs to be fixed, first time does not work and sometimes P3D seems to load cached flight data.

• 1 year later...

There is new release (1.9.1.3), which fixes the problem when using Helicopters (the program would not recognize user aircraft and delete AI traffic around it).

Common version for FSX/P3D, same link as in the first post above.

FSX-SE version is not yet updated.

Archived