RealAir Beech Duke B60 Landing Light problem?

Lord_Nibbo

This pic has been heavily photo shopped so you can see it, please forgive the quality. Has anyone got a fix for the position of the landing light? As you can see it's just inside and just below the port wheel, no good at all when on the ground. :( I've tried re install but it come up just the same. is there a fix out there?

Realair Beech Duke B60 landing light.jpg

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit SP1. 16.00 GB Dual-Channel DDR3. Graphics 2x NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980 .... 4 X DELL 1920 x 1080 res screens. 1 TByte SSD + 2TByte internal SATA drive +8 TByte External Western Digital Hard Drives (SATA) Backups

It would depend if the developer modeled it into the aircraft or if it's positioned in the [Lights] section of the aircraft.cfg. I'm betting on the former, not the latter.

How does it look when the light isn't on? Can you actually see the lamp position?

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

Very strange indeed. Maybe uninstall and re-install the aircraft? I recently had a small issue with the left main gear not extending even without failures enabled. Rob at RealAir responded to my email within a couple of days. Problem solved.

JOE- Asus P8Z68- V Pro; CPU: Intel i7-2600K 3.4ghz OC'd 4.6Ghz,

8G Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR3-1600, EVGA 1080Ti 11G ACX Cooler

Samsung 500G OS drive, 3 WD 1T Raptor HDD

Hmmm! So I tried a reinstall whilst doing so I found this txt in the install pack....

2. LANDING LIGHTS AND THIRD PARTY ADD-ONS

If you have problems with the taxi or landing light beam extending forward from cockpit views (not spot views) being out of position or not showing, this is entirely due to other third party software which globally changes the way these lights work. With a standard copy of FSX, including Sp1 and Sp2, Acceleration or FSX Gold, the Duke's lights work without any problems. If you have REX V1 or X-Graphics these developers now have a fix for this issue, and the problem is also solved with REX V2. In addition some addon aircraft, such as the DA Cheyenne, also change landing lights globally, so please be aware of this when installing other products and if an option is available please choose the one which does not affect standard light beams. Please note this does not affect other, non-beam oriented lighting. The file which affects landing lights in this way resides in your FSX\Texture folder and is named Spotlight.bmp. This file is sometimes changed by other addon developers. We advise backing up the original.

But although I do have REX the problem persists without REX running :(

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit SP1. 16.00 GB Dual-Channel DDR3. Graphics 2x NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980 .... 4 X DELL 1920 x 1080 res screens. 1 TByte SSD + 2TByte internal SATA drive +8 TByte External Western Digital Hard Drives (SATA) Backups

Done another reinstall it has improved a little as this pic shows, still only one landing light works and the ground at night does not illuminate :( I think I need help from RealAir :(reinstal Beechcraft B-60.jpg

i flew this plane last night and the landing light illumination had a bright HID bluish tinge and was very helpful during landing using VC.

I stopped looking at my airplane from external views in flight (save memory and reduce vanity) a while now so can't help with light position on aircraft. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Archived