Page 42 of 44 FirstFirst ... 32 40 41 42 43 44 LastLast

Thread: How to create photoreal scenery for FSX

That one I have not seen... or don't remember.

I'll be out of town for the rest of the day. I went off li ne on skype, but you can send a request contact anyway. When I get back home I will see it. I will ask some friends here if they have seen this. We will work this out. Bob

2. Default

Hi All,

I am trying to make scenery for KBMT, Beaumont Municipal, in Texas. I had compiled the BGL and all that, load it into the scenery library. When i fly, though, none of the scenery shows through! Keep in mind that I have FTX Global installed, and I only want the scenery to replace the dumb grass rectangle things around runways. If there is a simpler way for this, please let me know, and also know that I am very new to this! Ill pin the BGL file if you want to look at it. Also, it would be cool if yall could help me out on how to make the runway in the photoreal BGL replace the stock one at BMT.

Thanks,

Rafay

3. Default

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ec3ro1240j09kgz/KBMT.BGL?dl=0
    Couldn't post file, here is a dropbox link!

Hey Rafay,
    You may want to try this. Put the BGL in a folder called Scenery and put the new Scenery folder in another folder called KBMT. Activate the new KBMT folder and put it at the top of the scenery library list. This is all very generic but simply a place to start.
    Jim F.

5. Default

OK, I finally got it to work, but another problem is that i believe ftx global is google earth, and i exported the bgl from virtualearth, so the color of the airport is very dull, but the other scenery is green. the reason is I never got google earth tile servers to work on sbuilderx. can you hemp me with that?

Thanks

Hi again,
    I have default scenery for the area. I followed my advice and, by golly, it worked!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2017-7-25_18-56-57-864.jpg 
Views:	74 
Size:	149.9 KB 
ID:	198891

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2017-7-25_18-58-9-679.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	134.4 KB 
ID:	198892

Looks good.
    Jim F.

7. Default

Yup, thank you! but I used virtualearth in SimbuilderX for that, so it looks off when it comes to color. i couldnt get google earth to work! It keeps doing the thing where i cant zoom in past 2. i downloaded all the tile server things! can you help me with that?

Thanks, Rafay
    Last edited by raziz; 07-25-2017 at 10:34 PM.

Hi again Rafay,
    I don't think I can be of much help. I completed the tutorial here a few years ago but pretty much have forgotten what I learned. I do recall checking different sources for the imagery. I feel that there are others on this forum that will be able to provide you with the help you need.
    Jim F.

9. Default

I just went through this tutorial, it's awesome. Just finishing my first scenery with the help of this.
    I have however some questions (some were asked before but long time ago and were not all answered properly):

How do I add different seasons? When I download the satellite image should I select a winter image and download it as a different BMP file, which will be later compiled to a single BGL along with the summer BMP? Or do I have to whiten the summer image? (that would not be very realistic)

How do I add night lighting (night texture)? I read somewhere that you have to darken the daytime BMP then give a yellow color to areas lit by night lights. (quite a few in a city...) But then how to add this to the BGL? Also using resampler.exe?

Would be good if someone provided a tutorial for this just like the one which started this thread.

Thanks!

Labrat- The easiest way to take you through all this is to be on Skype so we can share screens. Look for me Robert Lacy in Ione, Washington. or might try Jyarddog.

However, to start with ALWAYS start off with a summer view. Night is done with layers which is easier than it sounds. When done with our seasons and night we put a tag on them so we can ID them in SBX. edge of your map in SBX right click and choose seasons. From there you will see tabs to choose.

I will be busy today and tomorrow with music. tomorrow afternoon, my time, (PST) I will be free. One other starting tips... to label your night map, use the tag _N (NOT _lm).

Hope to meet up with you. Years ago guys tried to teach me and it took months because they knew what they were doing but could not teach it!! After I finally learned I taught about 14 other guys in 20 minutes each guy how to do photoreal.... getting started. BTW- Yep I am a retired teacher!
    What paint program do you use? All are very good. Some are easier to work with sometimes. I use Corel PSP X9. email is [email protected]. Usually not good to type one's email here but the guys here are pretty darned good fellas. Bob

Page 42 of 44 FirstFirst ... 32 40 41 42 43 44 LastLast