Fs2004 and Windows 10 (not an installation question)

sdlangford

Hi there,

I have my FS9 system running on a new W10 rig, runs fine, although still tweaking some setting to get more FPS.

My question relates to the window and full screen modes.

I have 2 monitors connected to my rig.

The settings in FS9 - display settings are the same for each monitor (drop down menu).

In windows mode the graphics are clear and crisp, very nice.

But when i go to full screen mode i get nasty jagged edges to everything and it looks poor.

I use Nvidia Inspector and in the past on W7 never had this issue.

Any help appreciated please.

MTIA.

Simon

Hi Simon. In nVidia Inspector, you can now get Antialiasing (AA) in full-screen mode in older games such as FS2004 in Windows 10:

(From the A2A Simulations forum, posted by molleh)

Towards the top of the profile settings in your nVidia Inspector profile you will see a setting called "Antialiasing compatibility."

Set that to "0x004412C1 (Diablo III)" and it should work again.

Apparently many other games that run in exclusive fullscreen mode require a similar change to the antialiasing compatibility flag to have the profile settings stick like they should. In the 2017 Fall Creators Update, MS changed how fullscreen rendering works - for example, you can disable Vsync now in a borderless windowed app (such as Prepar3D!) which wasn't actually possible before because of the desktop compositor which basically forced Vsync. Apparently this new functionality wasn't tested very well on older apps/games.

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

Archived