FSX Shift + keyboard # keys don't work?

cantagre

Hello Guys:

I have several FSX Commercial aircraft that the Shift+Keyboard number keys don't work anymore. Example: Carenado - B200 KingAir, Shift+4 (Autopilot window), don't work but other Shift+ keys for the B200 work as intended. I uninstalled the B200 KingAir, deleted all folders associated with it and re-installed it with no change, still had to same problem. Another example, A2A P51 Civ, None of the Shift+ Keys work. I'm running a Windows 7 computer (64Bit) with FSX Acceleration. Any help or recommendations would be greatly appreciated. I wasn't sure if this issue should be in the FSX forum or a Tech forum, if I'm in the wrong forum, Pls let me know.

Thanks for your assistance.

Cantagre

Not every aircraft has panels coded to use all the shift panel keys. And some skip keys on purpose.

Look at the panel.cfg file. At the top you should see how many panels the aircraft uses and what keys they use (0 = shift-1.)

You can also load the aircraft and open the menu bar Views -->Instrument Panel.

If you only see four panels, then shift 5-9 will not do anything.

With a little study of the FSX SDK, you can add as many panels as you want.

Some panel designers on purposely skip panel numbers. If you press invalid keys, a message window should come up informing you of which keys-panels are valid. If you see this, there is nothing wrong with your FSX, your key assignments or the aircraft, it's just the way it was designed by the panel developer. You can change this if you want.

-Pv-

2 carrot salad, 10.41 liter bucket, electric doorbell, 17 inch fan, 12X14, 85 Dbm

Archived