Looking for a freeware small plane

jefferysitz

Sorry, I was wron. I wrote Jodel DR221 and it is a Robín DR221.

Many Jodel aircraft were made by Robin and it was one big family.

The plane will never be really 100% P3D ready. It is a FS9 aircraft converted into FSX sp2 and made useable in P3D. In my hands it will never have click spots in the VC. I have made a radio and gps pop-up window and its fine. The only thing I really miss is manual start and that is a pity. I like to go through these procedures.

Most people will never care 1 second about planes like this one, but since I like small taildraggeres especially low wing ones and there are very little or almost nothing on the market, I tweak planes like this one. And this one is a really good one. I fly it a lot.

You have some fsx screenshot here (not made by me):

http://mainescenery.proboards.com/thread/8817

dr221_2.jpg

I have been flying the Jodel a fair amount in my local area. With no nav equipment you can't go far from home without dragging out the sectional charts, but for a trainer it is great.

I got lucky and someone gave me a whole box of sectionals, IFR enroute charts, and airport directories. They are from about 2004 which actually works pretty good since most of the sims are modeled at about that flight time.

I don't know if P3D updated its maps or not. My local airport does not have the taxiway that was put in about 5 years ago.

I don't know if P3D updated its maps or not. My local airport does not have the taxiway that was put in about 5 years ago.

P3D uses the exact same files that were used for FSX.

Bill Leaming http://smileys.sur-la-toile.com/repository/Combat/0054.gif

Gauge Programming - 3d Modeling Military Visualizations

Flightsim.com Panels & Gauges Forum Moderator

Flightsim Rig: Intel Core i7-2600K - 8GB DDR3 1333 - EVGA GTX770 4GB - Win7 64bit Home Premium

Development Rig1: Intel Core i7-3770k - 16GB DDR3 - Dual Radeon HD7770 SLI 1GB - Win7 64bit Professional

Development Rig2: Intel Core i7-860 - 8GB DDR3 Corsair - GeForce GTS240 1GB - Win7 64bit Home Premium

NOTE: Unless explicitly stated in the post, everything written by my hand is MY opinion. I do NOT speak for any company, real or imagined...

Yeah, the more I use the sim, the more it looks to me as a better version of MS flightsims.

The world is totally the same. Its just another package. They talk loud about realism etc, but P3D has the same annoying trees in front of small runways that means that you have to fly through the trees in order to make a realistic landing. I HATE that and its very inrealistic.

Well, "Lumberjack" still works just fine for removing the trees near the runways. Search for it either here or at AVSIM.

Look here for the file: agexcl3x.zip

Bill Leaming http://smileys.sur-la-toile.com/repository/Combat/0054.gif

Gauge Programming - 3d Modeling Military Visualizations

Flightsim.com Panels & Gauges Forum Moderator

Flightsim Rig: Intel Core i7-2600K - 8GB DDR3 1333 - EVGA GTX770 4GB - Win7 64bit Home Premium

Development Rig1: Intel Core i7-3770k - 16GB DDR3 - Dual Radeon HD7770 SLI 1GB - Win7 64bit Professional

Development Rig2: Intel Core i7-860 - 8GB DDR3 Corsair - GeForce GTS240 1GB - Win7 64bit Home Premium

NOTE: Unless explicitly stated in the post, everything written by my hand is MY opinion. I do NOT speak for any company, real or imagined...

Archived