Adding new models.

GrapefruitSalad

Hi guys,

A few months ago, I found the most amazing freeware package I have ever discovered for FSX: http://www.rikoooo.com/en/downloads/viewdownload/6/674

I have flown pretty much nothing except for these planes because of the high detail, many views, and 'good-enough' virtual cockpit. I was wondering how I can add the sharklet models to these planes, because I am interested in a Finnair A321SL. Is it as easy as just making a new folder with the model.cfg in it (eg. model.sl), or will I have to do something more complicated to keep the VC, wingviews etc..?

Sorry if this makes very little sense :P

Thanks.

Should be easy-peasy. Just unzip and then copy the planes you want into your main A321SL folder. At the very least I believe there should be Model and Texture folder(s) of some sort. They should also include in a readme.txt of some sort the new entries for those models in the aircraft.cfg file.

MAKE A BACK-UP OF ANY FILE YOU EDIT FIRST!!

Open the aircraft.cfg file with Notepad or equivalent text editor. Cut-N-Paste the new entries from the Readme file into it, where all the other [fltsim.X] entries are, at the bottom of them. Change the X in the [fltsim.X] entry of each newly added entry to be ONE number higher than the highest number in you original aircraft.cfg file.

For example, if the highest number you see is [fltsim.10] in your original file, after you add the new entries, start numbering them at [fltsim.11], and go from there. So you will ADD, in this example, [fltsim.11] the next one will be [fltsim.12] and so on.

Save the aircraft.cfg and go fly!

Does this help you a little bit?

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!

Sgt, USMC, 10 years proud service, Inactive reserve now :D

Archived