Terrain textures in windows ten terminating the flight

jring2

I initially posted this under an existing thread dealing with windows 10, but this issue seems unique to my system and I have narrowed the issue down some. Clean installs of FSX work great. I can max everything and get great FPS. I can install REX Essentials HD and get great looking skies with minimal FPS loss. I don't even have to tweak any settings in the fsx.cfg file to get great frame rates in Windows 10. That's the good news.

When I add detailed mesh it gives me a "stopped working" error. I installed FS Genesis into a dummy folder and dropped it into the folder in FSX. The lesser mesh improvement caused no problems. When I activated Hawaii with its 10M mesh in the scenery library, the problems start if I try to fly Hawaii. If I install ORB X NA and I fly over the pacific Northwest, it shuts down the program. Any scenery with a low meter mesh shuts it down. I have some Addon Scenery which, as soon as activated and I fly that terrain, shuts the program down, but at the same location with the addon disabled it flies fine. Anything with detailed mesh causes it to shut down the program and I get a window telling me "The program has stopped working." As if I couldn't tell that. lol

I had no problems in this same hardware setup in Windows 7. I have updated Windows 10 Nvidia drivers, The program is installed in a pristine Solid State hard drive sharing it with only P3D which runs fine albeit with a little less FPS than FSX with similar settings.

Of the four filtering settings I picked each with no different results. (not sure which is recommended) Anti Aliasing is unchecked. Lens Flare and Advance animations checked. I am at a loss. If I drop my settings to make the terrain improvement useless it works fine. I am guessing it has to do how Windows 10 handles 3d landscape, but I have no idea how to make it work so my addons have value. Does anyone have any idea why a detailed mesh resolution would cause it to stop? Any ideas on a work around? Any idea which setting to choose in the Display menus to fix (Other than rendering the detailed mesh useless with a lower mesh setting)?

Will be eternally grateful for any suggestion that works. (oh okay. So perhaps not 'eternally' but grateful none-the-less):)

AMD 8350 Eight Core 4.0ghz oc'd to 4.4, 16 gig 2133 DDR3 64 bit ram, Microsoft Sidewinder Precision II. GeForce GTX 980Ti w/4gig

OS=Windows 10 64 bit, FSX w/Acceleration & P3d v3, 4, 5 REXII, OrbX

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

John

What exactly is the error you get? Is there something in your Windwos Event log (I hope that one still exists in 10?).

It sounds like a memory problem. Could be the VC++ library (reinstall the 32bit VC2005). Or DirectX. You could try activating DX10 in FSX to check that. Does switching to fullscreen make any difference? Windows fault does not seem plausible. P3D runs in windowed mode all the time (the "fullscreen" is a fake) and if that one works...

Btw, just came across this: some people claim that unchecking "Anti Aliasing" fixes display problems that FSX has in Windows 10. Maybe there really are (memory or otherwise) bugs somewhere in the runtime libraries of Win 10, related to graphics calculations. Meaning that the new DX12 is no longer 100% compatible to DX9.

Fsx uses the most detailed mesh any way.

if you have the mesh on both times it is not the mesh software. If with the same mesh and at higher mesh settings you get crashes you may simply be using to high settings.

Event log.

(I excpect ntdll, but could be anything so check.)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Image1.jpg

Faulting application name: fsx.exe, version: 10.0.61637.0, time stamp: 0x46fadb14

Faulting module name: uiautomationcore.dll, version: 7.2.10240.16431, time stamp: 0x55c9b4ec

Exception code: 0xc0000005

Fault offset: 0x00064475

Faulting process id: 0x1d20

Faulting application start time: 0x01d0ea38f11b704b

Faulting application path: E:\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\fsx.exe

Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\uiautomationcore.dll

Report Id: 627bbae2-0038-441b-b3c1-1c2639653cff

Faulting package full name:

Faulting package-relative application ID:

Keep in mind the only time I get the error is when I have more detailed terrain mesh activated. At the default mesh the uiautomationcore.dll works fine. I also downloaded and dropped a downloaded uiautomationcore.dll in the FSX folder but that only diminished my frame rates and did not solve the problem. I don't think its related to my display settings as they remain the same with or without the problem and the system ran fine at those settings in Windows 7. It is probably not the problem of the mesh files themselves as they work fine activated in P3D. However if my logic is faulty I will be glad to hear why and how and how best to fix.

(I activate or deactivate the higher resolution mesh in the addon scenery. The problem only occurs when activated.)

AMD 8350 Eight Core 4.0ghz oc'd to 4.4, 16 gig 2133 DDR3 64 bit ram, Microsoft Sidewinder Precision II. GeForce GTX 980Ti w/4gig

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

John

You said in the first post:

Well the entire point of increased mesh resolution is to give the simulator more realism. Dropping the settings below the mesh resolution is not a real solution as it renders the more detailed mesh useless. This mesh and these settings worked with no issue in Windows 7. Therefore we can deduce the hardware can handle the higher mesh settings without difficulty. The issue has to be a software issue of some kind, either in the way Windows 10 relates to 3d graphic settings vs Windows seven or some other such. I am not enough of a programmer to determine what is different about Windows 10. I just know Windows 10 is not relating well to FSX in higher resolution mesh but windows seven did without issue for me. Windows 10 has no problem with higher resolution settings using lower mesh resolution files. It only throws up when it has to try to render the higher resolution mesh. Hope that clarifies.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

John

Your event log shows the faulting module as uiautomationcore.dll, There is an easy fix. Search for this error on this site.

Bruce

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]I5-2500k@ 4.5Ghz/ 16 GB Gskill DDR3 1600/Nvidia GTX460 1GB// CH Yoke/Pedals/Throttle/TrackIR/Win7/ Fsx Deluxe SP1 & SP2

"Don't let fear or good judgment hold you back"

lower res mesh + high settings = no higher load

higher res mesh + high settings = higher load

I'm not criticizing you. Not at all. Just thinking out loud.

You said the higher quality mesh works when settings are low. That means the mesh software is not the cause.

You said the higher settings do cause an issue. Mesh at high detail can be a very heavy load.

Other settings should not matter. Like AA and such.

Uiatomationcore seems to be the cause here. Maybe try the other version of the uiautomationcore file. There are two.

Just as info, when two meshes are both enabeled in the lib, the highest res mesh is always used automatically. Moving the mesh slider does not mean a different mesh software is then used.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

lower res mesh + high settings = no higher load

higher res mesh + high settings = higher load

I'm not criticizing you. Not at all. Just thinking out loud.

You said the higher quality mesh works when settings are low. That means the mesh software is not the cause.

You said the higher settings do cause an issue. Mesh at high detail can be a very heavy load.

Other settings should not matter. Like AA and such.

Uiatomationcore seems to be the cause here. Maybe try the other version of the uiautomationcore file. There are two.

Just as info, when two meshes are both enabeled in the lib, the highest res mesh is always used automatically. Moving the mesh slider does not mean a different mesh software is then used.

Please can you indicate the difference between both UIAutomationcore.dll files so I can go hunting for the second one (download URL will be appreciated too[emoji4])? Thanks.

Sent from my Samsung GT-I8262 using Tapatalk.

Please can you indicate the difference between both UIAutomationcore.dll files so I can go hunting for the second one (download URL will be appreciated too[emoji4])? Thanks.

here you go:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

The uiautomationcore file of Win7/Win8 may not work correctly with FSX. FSX was made to work on XP or vista.

So, if you are running Windows7, or Windows8, for FSX you may need to install it's own uiautomationcore.dll file.

That is the old Vista or XP file.

The solution for when you see the uiautomationcore.dll as faulting module in the error log.

And ONLY if you have it asd a faulting module in the error log.

You will need to install the uiautomationcore.dll file.

How to install the uiautomationcore.dll file:

--------------------------

First a word of warning.

In Windows there are already uiautomationcore.dll files. These should NOT be changed!

They are important for Windows and Other Programs.

Do not change them, or your programs may stop working correctly.----

The files you should NOT touch are located in the "Sytem32" folder, and the "SYSWOW64" folder.

-STAY OUT OF THOSE FOLDERS.-

Those files are critical to Windows functioning.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now for what you should do:

The uiautomationcore file to install is the old Vista or XP file.

The way to install it, is to put it in the FSX folder itself.

That way, FSX uses the file, and it affects no other programs.

In a default install you would place it in folder

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Flight Simulator X

(that is the same folder in which the file FSX.exe is.)

There are two versions of the uiautomationcore file. Some people need one, some the other.

Install one. Still errors? Then try the other.

uiautomationcore.dll version 6.0.6001.18000

http://www.mediafire.com/download/mik2mlqdz1w/UIAutomationCore.zip

uiautomationcore.dll version 6.0.5840.16386

http://www.dlldump.com/download-dll-files_new.php/dllfiles/U/UIAutomationCore.dll/6.0.5840.16386/download.html

http://www.dlldump.com/download-dll-files_new.php/dllfiles/U/UIAutomationCore.dll/6.0.5840.16386/download.html

------------------------------------------------------------

uiautomationcore handles the interaction with the user interface, in other words, clicking on buttons and menu's.

Usually a crash that allways happens the moment you click on a menu or button, it is because of an uiatomationcore.dll error.

It could happen with any button or menu.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

il88pp.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Caveman listed this one http://fsxeu.com/uiautomationcore-dll/. Thanks Caveman . . will give it a try.

Thanks il88pp for the clarification.

I had tried the dll file in the FSX root folder but may not have used the right one. The link caveman gave says only the one works. I will try the suggestions and report back when I have had a chance to test. Thanks

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

John

here you go:

The uiautomationcore file of Win7/Win8 may not work correctly with FSX. FSX was made to work on XP or vista.

So, if you are running Windows7, or Windows8, for FSX you may need to install it's own uiautomationcore.dll file.

The solution for when you see the uiautomationcore.dll as faulting module in the error log.

First a word of warning.

In Windows there are already uiautomationcore.dll files. These should NOT be changed!

Do not change them, or your programs may stop working correctly.

----

(the files you should NOT touch are located in the "Sytem32" folder, and the "SYSWOW64" folder.)

(------STAY OUT OF THOSE FOLDERS.---------)

(Those files are critical to Windows functioning.)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The uiatomationcore file of Win7/Win8 does not work correctly with FSX. FSX was made to work on XP or vista.

So, if you are running Windows7, or Windows8, for FSX you need to install it's own uiautomationcore.dll file.

There are two versions of the uiautomationcore file. Some people need one, some the other.

Uiautomationcore handles the interaction with the user interface, in other words, clicking on buttons and menu's.

Usually a crash that allways happens the moment you click on a menu or button, it is because of an uiatomationcore.dll error.

il88pp.

W[emoji15]W, thanks for the tips. Apart from the two links you provided, can one find the correct version by searching Google as follows:

"Download UIAutomationcore.dll file for Windows 8.1"

Thanks again.[emoji106]

Well the right .dll file seems to have done the trick. All my high res terrain which would set me up for a shut down have no impact on anything but frame rates. I will have to see what happens when I install the rest of my Orbx but since the Pacific Northwest works fine I am optimistic. If I add no other posts, you will know the suggestions did the trick.

Thanks Nuitaki for asking the questions about the event log that I should have asked first. After almost two trouble free years in Windows 7, I forgot some of the basics of trouble shooting. Thanks il88pp for your patience and extensive knowledge. Every time I think I have this program dialed in I find I haven’t a clue. Thanks caveman for your input which together with il88p set me on the road to solving the problem. Though my gratitude will probably only extend to the next OS and not eternally, I am grateful to you all! :D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

John

here you go:

--------------------------

First a word of warning.

Do not change them, or your programs may stop working correctly.----

The files you should NOT touch are located in the "Sytem32" folder, and the "SYSWOW64" folder.

-STAY OUT OF THOSE FOLDERS.-

Those files are critical to Windows functioning.

The uiautomationcore file to install is the old Vista or XP file.

uiautomationcore handles the interaction with the user interface, in other words, clicking on buttons and menu's.

il88pp.

Thanks so much[emoji41] [emoji106]

Archived