New for FS-9!!!

KCD

It’s been a while since I posted anything here, and it is a rather long and boring story as to why, so I won’t bore you. What has prompted this post is a rather remarkable happening for those of us who continue to fly FS-9. Milt Shupe and company have done it again with a new and spectacular offering for the 2004 people. The airplane is a marvel. One that was obvious in its absence, and (per their usual effort) a real beauty! It is the Lockheed Lodestar, the big brother to the Lockheed Electra that Amelia Earhart flew. Below are a few screens of this beauty in its bare metal configuration…

Loadstar-1.jpg

Lined up, ready to go, looking out over the seemingly complex virtual panel

Loadstar-2.jpg

Take off role…

Loadstar-3.jpg

Airborne and gear retracting…

Loadstar-4.jpg

Right turn out…

Loadstar-5.jpg

From above…

Loadstar-6.jpg

This is not an easy airplane to fly. It has a learning curve that requires patience, but it is a joy to fly once you have learned all the instruments and the oddities of the airplane. I did manage to get it back to earth without a Von Peerhoven nose crunch on the first go-around, but I would guess that a qualified check pilot would not have passed my effort.

This is a spectacular bird. Unfortunately, my screen shots fail to do it the justice it deserves. Milt and the rest of the team are to be congratulated on this fine effort, and I want to be the first to offer my thanks to them for their hard work. It’s nice to know that there are still developers who will create for FS-9. It is even nicer when they are the likes of Milt Shupe and his team; their work is always equal to, or better than pay ware. Thank you guys for a great gift to FS-9! Go get it, it’s freeware and well worth the download from the file library at this site.

Thanks, Steve, Never did paint that Duke I was planning on, got suckered in on a Baron BE-55 for FS9. This is a model that has never been in FS9, even though the payware blokes have made one for FSX (Adam has flown it here on the forum). Well, that sort of rankled me, so I set about to find, paint, and modify as necessary a 55 for FS-9. It's about ready to make its virgin flight here on the forum. It sports a custom made panel that is as close to how they shipped as I could make it. It's a great flyer, although it doesn't seem as "logy", or "heavy" as the real thing... but close.

Superb, Klee! I believe that I will take the chance and download this beauty for FSX. I'm sure that I will do a few Peerhoven nose crunches, too :)

JOE- Asus P8Z68- V Pro; CPU: Intel i7-2600K 3.4ghz OC'd 4.6Ghz,

8G Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR3-1600, EVGA 1080Ti 11G ACX Cooler

Samsung 500G OS drive, 3 WD 1T Raptor HDD

Thanks, Joe. Well, if your skills are like mine, mostly light G.A. (both sim and reality), you'll have a learning curve for sure. By the way, if you have read the series by W.E.B. Griffin that deals with Argentina and the O.S.S. during WW II, this is the aircraft that the protagonist (a duel citizen US/Argentine O.S.S. agent) flies. I just tried a flight from CA to Argentina, can't tell you how long it would take as I made a classic Von Peerhoven landing at the first fuel stop that ended the effort in a pile of mangled aluminum!

Thanks, Joe. Well, if your skills are like mine, mostly light G.A. (both sim and reality), you'll have a learning curve for sure. By the way, if you have read the series by W.E.B. Griffin that deals with Argentina and the O.S.S. during WW II, this is the aircraft that the protagonist (a duel citizen US/Argentine O.S.S. agent) flies. I just tried a flight from CA to Argentina, can't tell you how long it would take as I made a classic Von Peerhoven landing at the first fuel stop that ended the effort in a pile of mangled aluminum!

I have not downloaded the aircraft yet, but since you have deemed it a challenge to fly, I'm all in. Sorry to hear about your Peerhoven misfortune!

No, I haven't read the series you mentioned. I may have to take a gander at it :)

Joe, I know you'll enjoy the Lodestar! As for the Griffin books, they are fast reads, accurate historically save the fictitious characters; I think you will enjoy them as well if like me you enjoy a book that doesn't require 200% of your concentrative powers... enjoy both!

Installed the airplane this evening and did a few rolls after takeoff from KJAC. Almost fighter type in the roll...haha. Easy landing airplane as well. Love the sound of the engines!

Archived