Finger hovering over the W10 update!

HoratioWondersocks

What is surprising to me is why those that had a 'fail' (of FS9? Win10?) don't try to find out what the ones that DID have a successful update (and 'ok' FS9) had to do (or not do). PC don't vary that much (hardware). So it must be the software installed (payware, etc) that is the root cause of FS9 'fail'. In other words, a fresh install of 8.1, sans other software (including FS9) before the update would be what I would do. And I would use ONLY 1 Hard Drive, install 8.1 to it, and update to it (not 2 HDrives and a SSD). And re-start of PC after update? You have to give the process a chance. But not if your system is already taxed with bloatware and 20 programs that run on starup. In other words: ANYBODY can complicate a process and FAIL. Making things work (by using your head) is actually simple.

Chuck B

i7 2600K @ 3.4 Ghz (Turbo-Boost to 3.877 Ghz), Asus P8H67 Pro, Super Talent 8 Gb DDR3/1333 Dual Channel, XFX Radeon R7-360B 2Gb DDR5, Corsair 650 W PSU, Dell 23 in (2048x1152), Windows7 Pro 64 bit, MS Sidewinder Precision 2 Joy, Logitech K-360 wireless KB & Mouse, Targus PAUK10U USB Keypad for Throttle (F1 to F4)/Spoiler/Tailhook/Wing Fold/Pitch Trim/Parking Brake/Snap to 2D Panel/View Change. Installed on 250 Gb (D:). FS9 and FSX Acceleration (locked at 30 FPS).

... PC don't vary that much (hardware). ...

???

How many different mobos are available?

How many different cpus?

How many vid cards?

How many sound cards?

How many Bios variations?

How many hard drives?

How many RAM manufacturers?

And how many different systems can you create from all that?

And how many times have you heard of system dependent issues?

Archived