Aerosoft A318/A319 Checklists

JBiegala

Hi,

I recently purchased the Aerosoft A318 and A319 and I am having an issue with the checklists function in the right MCDU. I load the cold and dark state, I turned on both batteries and I wanted to activate the checklists but they were all greyed out. I am looking for a solution to this problem...... Any help appreciated!

Hi,

I recently purchased the Aerosoft A318 and A319 and I am having an issue with the checklists function in the right MCDU. I load the cold and dark state, I turned on both batteries and I wanted to activate the checklists but they were all greyed out. I am looking for a solution to this problem...... Any help appreciated!

Hi, after doing what you did, all checklists are grey, except the first one which is orange, ready to be started (and a green info text at the bottom saying that I should start the CL). This is how it should be, you have to operate the checklists one after the other, you cannot jump around. What happens if you start the checklist flow anyway? And does the captain/copilot simulation work?

To make sure that we literally are on the same page, could you please post a couple of screenshots, so we can see what you are seeing and how you set it up? I'm not so sure that we are talking about the same things here.

I tried reloading the state and it WORKS! The checklists help out alot! I have one more question: The Start Push checklists doesn't start unless I "Follow AES Instructions"....How do I achieve this?

If you have the AES addon from Aerosoft or GSX from FSDreamTeam, you follow their respective pushback procedure. If you don't have these, turn off the AES/GSX pushback option in the right MCDU menu - then you won't get asked and the Airbus' own pushback feature will become active.

Did you place the throttles into the detents (CL, Flex, Full)? Can't check now, but I think AT can only be activated this way: You press the button before entering the runway, then advance the throttles to Flex (two clicks), leave them there until accel altitude, then pull back into CL (your PFD will tell you that too). But before you need to do the full CDU preflight on the left FMC, including performance, so the computers know what you want them to do.

I suggest doing a few flights first with the captain simulation active (option to the right where you turned on the checklists). Then captain and FO will do the checklists and set everything up automatically , you only need to take care of the FMC and drive the thing.

And if you are using external controllers and/or FSUIPC, make sure the throttles are set up per Aerosofts instructions in the manual.

Did you place the throttles into the detents (CL, Flex, Full)? Can't check now, but I think AT can only be activated this way: You press the button before entering the runway, then advance the throttles to Flex (two clicks), leave them there until accel altitude, then pull back into CL (your PFD will tell you that too). But before you need to do the full CDU preflight on the left FMC, including performance, so the computers know what you want them to do.

I suggest doing a few flights first with the captain simulation active (option to the right where you turned on the checklists). Then captain and FO will do the checklists and set everything up automatically , you only need to take care of the FMC and drive the thing.

And if you are using external controllers and/or FSUIPC, make sure the throttles are set up per Aerosofts instructions in the manual.

No need to press the A/THR pushbutton, it should engage automatically when you select FLX/MCT or TOGA. You shouldn't be pressing it with engines running on the ground, except for a computer reset (e.g. you've gone TOGA then carried out a rejected take-off, if you want to carry out the take-off again, autothrust will no longer be armed so will need to be selected manually by pressing the button.

Also the Airbus has jet engines so doesn't use throttles :-)

Archived