Photo'Scenery Installation Problem

twister18

Hi

I've had to completely uninstall FSX and all addons associated with it.

I've now reinstalled FSX and using the DVD's, have started to reinstall my VFR Photo' Scenery from PlaySims (HorizonSimulation). All the scenery for England & Wales installed correctly but now the Scotland scenery will not install. I get one of the following error:

VFR GenerationX-Volume5: Orkney&Shetland Isles setup ended prematurely because of an error. Your system has not been modified.

or

Installer information. There is a problem with this windows Installer package. A program run as part of the setup did not finish as expected. Contact your support personnel or package vendor.

I've looked in the Event Viewer using AppCrashView but I don't understand it. Could someone help?

Thanks

Ray

• 2 years later...
Hi

I've had to completely uninstall FSX and all addons associated with it.

I've now reinstalled FSX and using the DVD's, have started to reinstall my VFR Photo' Scenery from PlaySims (HorizonSimulation). All the scenery for England & Wales installed correctly but now the Scotland scenery will not install. I get one of the following error:

VFR GenerationX-Volume5: Orkney&Shetland Isles setup ended prematurely because of an error. Your system has not been modified.

or

Installer information. There is a problem with this windows Installer package. A program run as part of the setup did not finish as expected. Contact your support personnel or package vendor.

I've looked in the Event Viewer using AppCrashView but I don't understand it. Could someone help?

Thanks

Ray

I also have the message "windows installer package etc"

I first loaded the advanced 3rd option that loads everything, both discs loaded fully then the message was seen.

Second attempt was to load but selecting the 1st standard option, both discs loaded full then message seen again... each time when closing down the message screen all data can be seen rolling back; uninstalling; no files at all remaining in PC.

I viewed this website for information: http://www.arm-computers.co.uk/Photo_Scenery/photo_scenery.html

Note Shetland & Orkney Vol 5 has known issues with patches available for download; these files do exist in my system.

Does anyone have any ideas please?

I also have the message "windows installer package etc"

I first loaded the advanced 3rd option that loads everything, both discs loaded fully then the message was seen.

Second attempt was to load but selecting the 1st standard option, both discs loaded full then message seen again... each time when closing down the message screen all data can be seen rolling back; uninstalling; no files at all remaining in PC.

I viewed this website for information: http://www.arm-computers.co.uk/Photo_Scenery/photo_scenery.html

Note Shetland & Orkney Vol 5 has known issues with patches available for download; these files do exist in my system.

Does anyone have any ideas please?

My conclusion my discs are corrupted and will be scrapped.

Archived