Search for lighted realistic compass

bobvan

I spent years working on airplane instruments in the 1950's era. I also owned two

general aviation airplanes, that had liquid filled compasses in them The large one

was a type B-16 compass which is faithfully reproduced in the Ford Trimotor

standby compass in FS2004. Unfortunately, it does not seem to be lighted at night.

The compasses that come lighted at night are really fakey looking standby compasses.

Does any one know of a file name for a pretty compass like the Ford Trimotor compass

that will light up at night with the panel lights, or how to make the origninal

one light up with a panel tweak?

Take a look for the file gagelit.zip in the library here, in the FS2004 section.

It is an excellent and complete explanation of how to illuminate a gauge in, strangely enough, FS2004. :D

Hope that's what you need!

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!

Sgt, USMC, 10 years proud service, Inactive reserve now :D

If you press 'Shift+Z' to display the red text (top of screen) you will always can check what your heading is (degrees). Use my head. And it's alway 'lit up'. Ha.

Chuck B

i7 2600K @ 3.4 Ghz (Turbo-Boost to 3.877 Ghz), Asus P8H67 Pro, Super Talent 8 Gb DDR3/1333 Dual Channel, XFX Radeon R7-360B 2Gb DDR5, Corsair 650 W PSU, Dell 23 in (2048x1152), Windows7 Pro 64 bit, MS Sidewinder Precision 2 Joy, Logitech K-360 wireless KB & Mouse, Targus PAUK10U USB Keypad for Throttle (F1 to F4)/Spoiler/Tailhook/Wing Fold/Pitch Trim/Parking Brake/Snap to 2D Panel/View Change. Installed on 250 Gb (D:). FS9 and FSX Acceleration (locked at 30 FPS).

• 2 months later...

Thanks for the replies to this thread. Most of them seemed to pertain to 3d

panels. I am less interested in 3d panels, than in a long-time specialty interest

in 2d panels. Taking out the 2d panel made me delete FSX. They deleted my

hobby with the 2d panel.

Archived