display driver stopped responding, again????

annber

Back a few weeks ago, this message started all my brand new hardware problems, and I thought this was behind me. Just now, I was only browsing the net, and I got this message, and then I looked at NVIDIA Inspector and noticed that the BIOS says 84.04.36.00.71 [MODIFIED], earlier today the BIOS only showed the numbers.

I don't think I can survive another set of problems related to the card or motherboard. What am i doing so wrong:confused::confused::confused::mad:

007.jpg

008.jpg

Maybe Geforce Experience decided it would be a good time to update something.

I would reinstall the whole NVIDIA package, but this time select the custom installation option and select only the graphics driver and PhysX. Don't forget the checkbox below for a clean reinstall. Back up (export) your FSX NVI profile before doing this, it will be gone afterwards.

With FSX you should see to it, that you have a stable base platform. So no automatic driver installs for anything, no automatic Windows updates. I do not even use anti-virus software on my FSX system. Of course that one is protected by a firewall, and there are no file downloads or internet sessions of any kind happening on that system. The disk is checked periodically by the virus scanner of my main Windows installation though.

Good luck trying to sort that one out! I had the same problem with a Leadtek Nvidia GT 550ti card about 12 months ago. I was going to try uninstalls, different drivers, and all that sort of stuff, but being just a wee bit time challenged, I simply removed the 550ti card and dropped in a GT640 which I had in the spares box. No driver changes, no software changes, just a straight card swap. That GT640 card is still in the machine, has never missed a beat, and I haven't had the "stopped responding" issue since.

That aside, the first thing I would do is take the actual graphics card out of the machine, then put it back in. I've "fixed" odd display problems in the past where I suspect the card has become slightly dislodged from the motherboard socket.

It was something I did not want to see again, thats for sure. I did talk to the computer shop, it actually shut down and recovered three more times in 5 minutes while browsing the net.

While on the phone with them they had me uninstall the driver and reinstall it. I also saw a post about a similar problem and they seemed to solve the problem by editing the Nvidia control panel, specifically explained in the following link:

https://tinkertry.com/display-driver-nvlddmkm-stopped-responding

So far, since yesterday at 4pm it has not had any problems, we shall see today.:confused:

Archived