UK2000 Freeware

paulfar

I was pleasantly surprised to stumble upon the FS9 freeware releases of British Airports by the folks at UK2000. Granted, they are a "lite" version, but certainly much better than the defaults or AFCADs available. One quick question: The installation instructions required me to install UK2000 Common Library, which I did with no problems and positioned it below the D/L airports in the scenery library. When using these sceneries should the Common Library be enabled or can it be unchecked or does it matter??

Many thanks to the guys at UK2000 for nicely filling some gaps in my UK airport scenery.

Paul

Well I'm sorry I read this thread, I gave it a try, I installed part 1 to see what it was like, I didn't want the ai or static aircraft, I tried to delete them without success, I tried to uninstall it all and I got the error message saying it couldn't find the FS or scenery folder and to use the install program which I did.

I got a popup screen where I clicked uninstall but again I got an error plus a runtime error, I deleted the UK2000 scenery folder manually but all the scenery is still there plus the static aircraft, I hate it.

I managed it in the end, partly my fault, I forgot to delete the area from the scenery folder, I'm back to normal now.

During the install it should ask you if you want the ai or static aircraft instead of just putting it there, it wouldn't be so bad if it was decent but it looked terrible.

The scenery is made available for free and all you can do is moan about it.

The readme is quite clear.. "UnInstall...First REMOVE FROM FS SCENERY LIBRARY"

I have the full versions of many UK2000 airports, and all have a configurator where you can select options like static aircraft and ground vehicles. Possibly the free version does not include this, so you will just have to disable those files yourself.

You don't make clear exactly which product you installed, but if it was British Airports Part1 (not what the OP was refering to), that is a 10 year old product originally designed for FS2002 !

Just as a sidelight, I have the UK2000 British Airports payware (Vols 1-4) from JustFlight,, but never got around to acquiring the rest of the series (Northern UK & Scotland), so these freeware additions fill the bill. I D/L EGPK, EGPF, EGPH, EGFF & EGNM, but did have problems with the D/L for Newcastle (EGNT), which I had to delete after several tries. EGNT showed up, but the airport scenery was fractured, ie, half buildings, tarmac & grass all jumbled up, etc. In any case, I found another freeware version of EGNT here at Fltsim, so all is well now.

Paul

Well I did get rid of it but now I'm not sure if this has anything to do with it but I modified an AFCAD not related to the above by the way and I noticed the start up never updated, when I go to the modified airfield it wasn't updated.

I've added and modified AFCADS before and this is the first time it has happened, I tried a few times but no joy.

The new AFCAD is in the correct folder along with the other modified ones but FS isn't updating the scenery.

It just seems funny this has happened since I installed the UK2000 scenery.

Archived