NGX engine buzzing in cruise: Make it stahp!

Hello everyone ever since fixing my speakers I have been enduring a very annoying issue with the NGX. Unlike the aerosoft A320 and PMDG 777, during flight the ac does not eventually become louder then the engines, and I have to listen to the buzz of the engines throughout the whole flight! This is very unrealistic, and while I do love engines that buzz, I really do not want to hear that buzz for the whole flight!
Intel i7 fourth gen (3.5ghz) 16GB RAM EVGA GTX660 Windows 10 64bit Pro edition

I've tweaked the sound on mine.. It's different than default, but still uses mostly PMDG

recorded sounds. But I changed several of the engine wav's. I have some fan buzz on

takeoff and under heavy load at lower altitudes, but a good bit less than the default 700.

You don't hear it much once the airspeed builds up, or at cruise, which you shouldn't.

Mine also has a bit more of a high pitch whine, which is mostly noticed when

spooling up for takeoffs etc.

Also, I run my engine sounds pretty low, and my environment "wind" sound fairly

high. I think my engine sound is only 25% or so as far as the FSX sound menu.

All my NGX FMC sound volumes are default.

If you run the 600 or 700, you can have less fan buzz if you use the 800 sound

folder/files. I use the 800 folder sounds for all four versions.

The 700 sounds have a good bit more fan buzz than the 800 sounds.

I've also tweaked several non engine sounds such as the speed brake lever deploy,

ground roll and nose gear sound.

Without doing all the wav tweaking I did, the first thing that would help is to keep the

wind noise cranked fairly high, but lower the engine sound a bit.

I used fairly high quality real world flight recordings with takeoffs and landings to judge

how I wanted it to sound. Actually, it was hearing those that led me to decide to tweak

things a bit, as the engine sound from the real world recording seemed slightly different

than the default NGX. Nothing wrong with the NGX recordings as they are high quality.

I just changed the EQ of the wavs a tad to have a slightly different sound.

I've got several 737 videos in the video area which one can hear the fairly subtle

differences of mine vs default.

I've tweaked the sound on mine.. It's different than default, but still uses mostly PMDG

recorded sounds. But I changed several of the engine wav's. I have some fan buzz on

takeoff and under heavy load at lower altitudes, but a good bit less than the default 700.

You don't hear it much once the airspeed builds up, or at cruise, which you shouldn't.

Mine also has a bit more of a high pitch whine, which is mostly noticed when

spooling up for takeoffs etc.

Also, I run my engine sounds pretty low, and my environment "wind" sound fairly

high. I think my engine sound is only 25% or so as far as the FSX sound menu.

All my NGX FMC sound volumes are default.

If you run the 600 or 700, you can have less fan buzz if you use the 800 sound

folder/files. I use the 800 folder sounds for all four versions.

The 700 sounds have a good bit more fan buzz than the 800 sounds.

I've also tweaked several non engine sounds such as the speed brake lever deploy,

ground roll and nose gear sound.

Without doing all the wav tweaking I did, the first thing that would help is to keep the

wind noise cranked fairly high, but lower the engine sound a bit.

I used fairly high quality real world flight recordings with takeoffs and landings to judge

how I wanted it to sound. Actually, it was hearing those that led me to decide to tweak

things a bit, as the engine sound from the real world recording seemed slightly different

than the default NGX. Nothing wrong with the NGX recordings as they are high quality.

I just changed the EQ of the wavs a tad to have a slightly different sound.

I've got several 737 videos in the video area which one can hear the fairly subtle

differences of mine vs default.

Can you by any chance send me the tweaked wavs?

Intel i7 fourth gen (3.5ghz) 16GB RAM EVGA GTX660 Windows 10 64bit Pro edition

• 2 weeks later...

Archived