Other Runways not available in ATC window

At my favorite small airport in FSX there only ever seems to be only two out of four runways available when asking for a different runway. Is it always that wind direction will dictate/limit which available runways will show up in ATC? I've been experimenting with altering the wind direction but it doesn't seem to make a difference. I've even been using a Cessna to increase the likelihood the shorter runways can be an option.
Home Airport - Southport Airport, Southport, Manitoba, Canada| FSX/Acceleration | MSI GT70 Laptop | Windows 8.1 -64bit | Intel ® Core i7-3630 QM | CPU@ 2.4GHZ (cores can dynamically overclock to up to 3.2 GHz (920XM)) | Ram 12GB | NVIDIA® GeForce GTX 670M discrete graphics card (with GDDR5 3GB VRAM)

Hi South,

Try increasing the wind speed.

You didn't say wat airport.

I just tested at EINN.

Has RW 06-24 & RW 13-31

I flew there a few times before. RW 06-24 was always in use. So that's a good testbed.

I tried to get RW31 assigned.

Set wind direction to 320, wind speed to 16knots.

Selected active RW. Loaded flight in a cessna c172.

Turned out to be on RW 24. Took off anyway. (bumpy ride, and nose pulling sharply to the right on takeoff because of wind from the right.)

Then, at few hundred feet, Tuned ATIS. Wind was 320 @ 16 (checked), Active was ILS RW 24.

Hmmmm.

Went to weather settings and increased wind speed to 32 knots.

Atis was now: "Wind 320@32, Visual RW 31 in use"

happy (if bumpy) flights,:)

il88pp.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Ah yes! Wind speed. That has to be it. The airport is CYPG.
Home Airport - Southport Airport, Southport, Manitoba, Canada| FSX/Acceleration | MSI GT70 Laptop | Windows 8.1 -64bit | Intel ® Core i7-3630 QM | CPU@ 2.4GHZ (cores can dynamically overclock to up to 3.2 GHz (920XM)) | Ram 12GB | NVIDIA® GeForce GTX 670M discrete graphics card (with GDDR5 3GB VRAM)

Archived