Scenery for 25,000 Airports

Scenery for 25,000 Airports

Matthijs Huisman

This started as a small project for the X-Plane users of the FSEconomy community, but it ended as a scenery package with 25.000 airports (!!)

To help filling the empty X-Plane airports I used the X-Plane 10 library and OpensceneryX to create what I call Prefab airports: 14 different airport versions in 3 different climate regions (dry, medium and wet). I created AGP files to place scenery at the airports -> please note that X-Plane 9 can not handle AGP files, so this package is for X-Plane 10 only!

I selected default airports with no more than 3 runways and excluded all Global airports. Please follow the installation instructions carefully!! The Prefab airports should only fill your empty airports and not overwrite any airport with other custom scenery installed! More information is in the PDF document.

All the airports in the package have:

- Scenery: buildings, hangars, planes etc. (see images)

- Taxiways with lines, lights and runways holds

- Platforms with ramp starts and fence around the airport

- Airport boundaries, exclusion zones and ground textures

- All original X-Plane data of airports (ATC frequencies, beacons, etc.)

Package 1 is the main package, with taxiways connected to the platform. Package 2 has the same elements but no connection, so decide for yourself if you like this one as well...

I have included several options to customize the packages (no fence, no ground texture, etc.). You can find instructions how to do this in the PDF document (see downloads).

It is incredible how X-Plane handles this enormous amount of data without any problems (and not only at my PC: several FSE members already use this package)!

Please visit my website for more information: http://www.4xplane.nl

Requirements:

- Library package (needed only once): x_Prefab_Library_xp

- Package 1 (21.000 airports with 1 taxiway connected): x_Prefab_Airports_1xp

- OPTIONAL: Package 2 ( 4.000 airports with 2 and 3 runways, taxiway not connected): x_Prefab_Airports_2xp

- The latest version of OpensceneryX: 2.1.1

NB: you can use package 1 without package 2 (but do install the library!)

One remark: my packages needs the OpensceneryX folder be named "OpensceneryX" (for the reason why and a workaround if needed: see the PDF document).

Users of FSEconomy: please use the FSE version (you can find it on my website and in the X-Plane 10 section of the FSE forum).

I hope you all like it!

Cheers

Matthijs

Download the package here:

https://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/fslib.php?do=search&fsec=0&fname=airport_scenery_open_me.zip

Asphalt_s.jpg

Asphalt_s_b1.jpg

Asphalt_s_n.jpg

Asphalt_m.jpg

Asphalt_m_d.jpg

Asphalt_m_n.jpg

Asphalt_s_b.jpg

Concrete_s.jpg

Concrete_m.jpg

Concrete_m_n.jpg

Concrete_m_d.jpg

Archived