nVidia Inspector not updating - need help please

Hi all:

I floated this problem over in the FSX forum and a couple people made suggestions but I'm still stuck. Here is the problem.

I just spent 3 hours banging my head against a wall trying to get Inspector to work. Version 1.9.7.3 I believe. What I have been doing is selecting the MS Flight Simulator X profile, then trying to change some parameters to those I would prefer. So I change them, then click on the button to associate FSX.exe with that profile, then click Accept Changes. Then the darned thing goes back to the original values. I just can't get the darned thing to accept the changes. I've googled it to death with no real clear direction. Can anyone please give me some guidance on this? I'm running Win7 Pro 64 with a 970 card. What I'm trying to do is increase the AA setting as high as it will go, along with change a number of other parameters that I have picked up in the various tutorials. But regardless of that it won't let me change anything without reverting back. Clearly I'm doing something wrong but I can't figure it out. I wonder if it actually makes the changes but I don't see them. Is that possible? How would I know?

Thank you in advance

When you make any changes, you need to save them. I assume you are not doing this.

JOE- Asus P8Z68- V Pro; CPU: Intel i7-2600K 3.4ghz OC'd 4.6Ghz,

8G Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR3-1600, EVGA 1080Ti 11G ACX Cooler

Samsung 500G OS drive, 3 WD 1T Raptor HDD

When you make any changes, you need to save them. I assume you are not doing this.

As I said above, I hit the button to associate FSX with my changed MS Flight Simulator X profile, then I hit Accept Changes. Is that what you mean by saving the changes, or is there something else I need to do? I have also tried uploading the profile and calling it something else with the little green arrows, but when I try to download it, my changes are not shown again.

As I said above, I hit the button to associate FSX with my changed MS Flight Simulator X profile, then I hit Accept Changes. Is that what you mean by saving the changes, or is there something else I need to do? I have also tried uploading the profile and calling it something else with the little green arrows, but when I try to download it, my changes are not shown again.

Don't think you need to "associate" anything...just save your changes and move on.

Have also read that the "Experience" portion of the nVidia driver can cause this type of issue...do you have that installed?

• 2 weeks later...

Archived