Gary harper for president. Or prime minister. King, even!

A simple search, using the FlightSim.Com file library search instead of Google, turned up the file you are talking about:

Right string, wrong yo-yo.

That's the right airplane, but the wrong livery. We're talking about Ethiopian Air Lines (not Liberian) livery in use from about 1958 through 1968 or so. I was there for part of that time.

i7-10700K @3.8-5.1GHz, 32GB DDR4-2666 SDRAM, GTR-2060 Super 8GB, 2x SSDs

these are my textures [...] you are not allowed to pass it on without my consent.

RFG

http://tripletails.weebly.com/

Frank, I have sent you a PM asking (begging) to use this livery. I was there in Addis Ababa in the mid-fifties and took many flights in these Ethiopian Air Lines C-47s with my Dad, who was an Ethiopian Air Lines C-47 Captain. Your livery was applied to our C-47s beginning in late 1956 or early 1957 and finishing the fleet in early 1958. The livery Gary Harper so graciously made at my request was the immediate predecessor of the one you created.

That's the only reason I want/need this paint- it's one of the two I flew in, and I'm "flying with my Dad again" via FSX.

Thanks-

Doug

Doug, if you got a 404 dead link error on that search string it must have been here. That supports my suspicion outlined in paragraph two in my post above. May be a long shot but possibly the system admin can research it and try to determine why the link is dead?

Larry

Larry,

To be honest, I'm not upset, I'm just surprised that Andre's name is attached. I want to think that just maybe since I know him, the Ethiopian repaint was attached by mistake when he uploaded his Liberian paint which seems to be the common thread and seems to have disappeared from the file system. In any case, it's over and done as far as I'm concerned. At 64, I don't need the added stress, especially after having major surgery a few weeks backs, still in pain, with more surgery in about two weeks, chemo and more surgery in July and hopefully no complications. I'm not suppose to even be on my PC per doctors orders, but I just get crazy doing bed rest where all I can think about is what is coming down the road for me in the next few months.

I'm constantly asked why I handle my repaints when it comes to distribution. Simple answer, I just don't want to deal with people who just complain because they can and are allowed to get on their soap box, rude simmers and a few others who I won't describe because I would need to use choice wording in describing them, or the stand out simmer who just does not understand that we all have different taste and preferences when it comes to one's personal enjoyment, but likes to make it an issue by stating that my site or my way of doing things is all drama. I think I need to post an award to this person at my site to show him what I really think about his idiocy, it won't be pretty!

As for passing the Ethiopian repaint to HoggyDog, it's fine by me but he must adhere to not pass it along to anyone else or to upgrade the paint to the FSX model, that's my job to do it when time is available. The paint was done for Fs9 and will will work in FSX as is but with some drawbacks, mainly a proper FSX blurred prop. For an FSX native paint, textures would have to be flipped and saved in a DDS format, it would need an FSX blurred prop and the area around the nose cone would need to be adjusted since this area changed a bit when Manfred's FSX C47 was upgraded. After I migrated to FSX, I had planned to convert most of my Fs9 C47's including Ethiopian to the native FSX model, but things don't always work out, more so now with my current health crisis.

RFG (Frank)

Frank,

I think you may be right about the post in error. I kind of wondered about the MDG parking code in the aircraft.cfg and I know he did one or two Air Madagascar paints, so maybe he got things confused. Thanks for your permission to pass the textures to Doug. I'll make sure he gets the word about keeping to your requirements of use and not sharing without permission.

I'll PM you with the rest of what I have to say.

Larry

Hi Doug,

I just posted to let Larry know that it's ok to give you the repaint or you can get it via my sites email which I posted, just read what I said since the repaint was done for the Fs9 native model. Hey, I do understand why Ethiopian is so important for you, I was there many times in years gone by and is how I learned to paint, just got tired of being turned down or told to do it myself.

RFG (Frank)

As for passing the Ethiopian repaint to HoggyDog, it's fine by me but he must adhere to not pass it along to anyone else or to upgrade the paint to the FSX model, that's my job to do it when time is available.

Thank you sir, and rest assured that I will abide by your wishes. After all, such work is the sole property of its author; we are just privileged when those authors choose to share it with us and duty-bound to honor any restrictions those authors choose to impose.

I'm sure I can fix the prop disc for FSX, that's a simple matter of drag & drop. However, now I'm a bit confused- your email to me indicated that you would be OK with a certain painter of your acquaintance updating the paint to native FSX (bmp>flip>dds, etc.) but your post here says "no way, Jose." Because I do not wish to betray your trust, would you please publicly clarify your wishes as to someone converting your work for "native FSX?" I say "publicly" because lacking that, no reputable painter would agree to do it, and the one you mentioned is a reputable painter.

Thanks again!

Doug

Hi Doug,

I posted that response before I emailed you thinking I could find time to upgrade the repaint to FSX, but realized it would be a very long time before I could get to it, so disregard what I said. Go by what I wrote to you in my email to you, it's ok for said painter to upgrade it if he is willing and has the time to do it.

RFG (Frank)

Hi Doug,

I posted that response before I emailed you thinking I could find time to upgrade the repaint to FSX, but realized it would be a very long time before I could get to it, so disregard what I said. Go by what I wrote to you in my email to you, it's ok for said painter to upgrade it if he is willing and has the time to do it.

RFG (Frank)

Thank you sir, and good luck with your upcoming ordeal.

Archived