~Carenado Hawker 850XP~

Cheers Alex, yes Carenado have so far released the Phenom, Citation and Hawker and currently working on a 300 version of the Phenom and goodness knows what else!

Citation CJ2 also started. Damn shame Gulfstream is so anal about their a/c being used in FSX...

CLX - SET Gaming Desktop - Intel Core i9 10850K - 32GB DDR4 3000GHz Memory - GeForce RTX 3060 Ti - 960GB SSD + 4TB HDD - Windows 11 Home

I know, what's with that? Very odd!

Beats me, but they're just very protective of their precious bird. Even a fictional plane called a GOLFTEAM without the signature oval windows would be nice.....lol

CLX - SET Gaming Desktop - Intel Core i9 10850K - 32GB DDR4 3000GHz Memory - GeForce RTX 3060 Ti - 960GB SSD + 4TB HDD - Windows 11 Home

The more I look at that jet, the more I want it...that thing has slick written all over it :cool:

When I was on a "Lear" kick after the default got old, I got my fix by starting with tons of freeware stuff like POSKY's CRJ's, PAD's Lear 60, Alexander's freeware Citation, then onto planes like LHC's Epic Victory and CLS' Bizjet. Then I 'graduated to' :D the FeelThere Citation X, the F1 Mustang, the FeelThere Embraer Phenom 100, and the JF 800XP, in no particular order...

I like 'em all. I really can't say a bad thing about any of them, for me they're all fun for me and a pleasure to fly.

It's safe to say I'm very happy with my current stable, as I'm pretty well stocked on the "flying-conference-room" class planes...

On the other hand, it's not like it would hurt to have yet one more in the 'ol hangar :rolleyes:

Thanks for the pics and all of the review commentary afterwards Steve. With this thread you 'lit the fire' for me getting back into the biz jets once again, and that's a good thing :cool:

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

my flight simming system: Windows 10 CyberPower PC i5 6600k 3.5 gHz, Gigabyte NVidia GTX 970 graphics, with FSX, FSXSE and P3D all installed side-by-side on a Crucial 525 SSD. Dual monitors, with a Saitek X52 joystick w/ rudder pedals for controls. It's all powered by a Thermaltake TR2 Gold 700W power supply sitting in a Thermaltake Chaser MK-1 case.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hi stvn that's really great! I can tell (just like I did) you are having a little internal argument with yourself before getting this bird! :) she is so gorgeous looking and handles beautifully so it is hard not to give in to her charms! On my first flight I did wonder why she used so much runway on the takeoff roll and I'd be interested to verify if this is true to the real aircraft - However this aircraft is perfect for me if I want to go a little further than the 'norm' for my style of flying, as I generally fly around the UK - This aircraft has enabled me to go much further, without going into the airliner scene (which I don't mind but not a huge fan of). The Carenado Citation, while superb, is a little slow for that.

I do wish it had better engine modelling, so there is a consequence to just pinning the throttles, I personally don't mind so much the systems aren't exact to the real aircraft, I have looked at various videos of the real aircraft and the cockpit layout and screens look damn near perfect to me in comparison.

I havent actually tried the F1 Mustang but I've heard good things about it, not sure if it is P3D ready though?

Please let me know if you get this beauty and post a few screenies! :D

Hi stvn that's really great! I can tell (just like I did) you are having a little internal argument with yourself before getting this bird! :) she is so gorgeous looking and handles beautifully so it is hard not to give in to her charms! On my first flight I did wonder why she used so much runway on the takeoff roll and I'd be interested to verify if this is true to the real aircraft - However this aircraft is perfect for me if I want to go a little further than the 'norm' for my style of flying, as I generally fly around the UK - This aircraft has enabled me to go much further, without going into the airliner scene (which I don't mind but not a huge fan of). The Carenado Citation, while superb, is a little slow for that.

I do wish it had better engine modelling, so there is a consequence to just pinning the throttles, I personally don't mind so much the systems aren't exact to the real aircraft, I have looked at various videos of the real aircraft and the cockpit layout and screens look damn near perfect to me in comparison.

Not really any internal anythings argument-wise:D, but I got my eyes on some scenery and a chopper or two atm..."priorities", you know :rolleyes: :D

But yes, I can see no problem springing for this jet soon enough. I'm glad that Carenado is going in this direction as of late.

From what you guys posted about here, and what I read in a couple of other places, their Phenom was one I'm glad I held off on.

I was (and still am) very happy with the FeelThere Phenom, so that's one I didn't have an urge to rush out to get when Carenado released it. As you guys said earlier, it seems they learned from dipping their toes into the Phenom world, and got the Hawker right. I won't think twice on pulling the trigger on that Hawker when the time comes.

I can post some of my takeoff pics with the various biz jets, although for the most part they do react about the same, as in needing some runway to get airborne safely. That's even after lightening the fuel load somewhat.

In real life, I wouldn't know. Like yourself, I have watched vids, but me more so after noticing my takeoff struggles.

As of late, I've been watching a lot of Airplane Repo (yes, it's 'scripted' reality tv, but I like it), and those guys were using lots of runway in various Lears and a Dassault (so far). They don't seem to be going full throttle. More like 80 percent? Hard to tell on tv I must admit.

Of course, the planes being repo'd are usually close to empty anyways, as the debtors are usually behind 6 months or more on their plane payments, so those repops are light on avgas to begin with :D

I havent actually tried the F1 Mustang but I've heard good things about it, not sure if it is P3D ready though?

Unfortunately, no.

That topic got brought up back at the end of 2012. By Feb. 2013 it was silenced. That was all I needed to read to say 'the heck with it'.

Although he does offer a little light at the end of the tunnel -somewhat dim, but- where he says "If it ever is it wont be free.". I'm not holding my breath though.

I'd pay extra to have it in P3D no doubt, but I certainly can't blame the dev's position on this one.

my flight simming system: Windows 10 CyberPower PC i5 6600k 3.5 gHz, Gigabyte NVidia GTX 970 graphics, with FSX, FSXSE and P3D all installed side-by-side on a Crucial 525 SSD. Dual monitors, with a Saitek X52 joystick w/ rudder pedals for controls. It's all powered by a Thermaltake TR2 Gold 700W power supply sitting in a Thermaltake Chaser MK-1 case.

Interesting stvn, there are some real bizz jet pilots on the Carenado forums of late, which must mean a certain amount of realism! :D Right now though, for me, the Real Air Turbine has to be the best GA and private-luxury travel companion for flight sim.. Every simmer should have this baby in their hanger. To be brutally honest, as good as these Carenado jets are, the Real Air Turbine is in a different league and far better value for money.

Thanks Aviator! Right now, I'm grounded because my CH yoke has finally broken after many years of service, so I have ordered a new Saitek Cessna Pro Flight yoke, can't wait should be here tomorrow :)

This is an awesome looking aircraft. Very nice pics indeed! Makes me want to get this one and the Eaglesoft Citation X, as I don't have any biz jet addons occupying FSX yet.

JOE- Asus P8Z68- V Pro; CPU: Intel i7-2600K 3.4ghz OC'd 4.6Ghz,

8G Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR3-1600, EVGA 1080Ti 11G ACX Cooler

Samsung 500G OS drive, 3 WD 1T Raptor HDD

This is an awesome looking aircraft. Very nice pics indeed! Makes me want to get this one and the Eaglesoft Citation X, as I don't have any biz jet addons occupying FSX yet.

Check out this FREE Citation X. Not a bad version.

http://simviation.com//fsnd/Downloads.htm

Not bad at all! I'm actually a bit tempted by the old Eagle soft Citation X now that I've got the bizzjet bug, I'm actually starting to like the Hawker the more a fly it and get used to it's quirks, though it's frustrating knowing it could (and should) of been much better for the price

Not bad at all! I'm actually a bit tempted by the old Eagle soft Citation X now that I've got the bizzjet bug, I'm actually starting to like the Hawker the more a fly it and get used to it's quirks, though it's frustrating knowing it could (and should) of been much better for the price

I have Just Flight's Hawker 800. A smaller version of the one you have Steve. It's not a bad little jet either!

(Sorry for turning your thread into a shameless plug. :) )

Check out this FREE Citation X. Not a bad version.

http://simviation.com//fsnd/Downloads.htm

Agreed, a great freeware bird indeed. This jet gives some of the payware bizjets a good run for their money.

Archived