Default B737-800 FSX Model Folder

zapilot

Hi All...

I seem to have overwritten my Model folder for the default B737...more precisely, the files it points to,if that makes sense..I need to do a VC with the B737_800_interior part in it. I think that's where the problem is..How do I fix it please?

I do have a 'vanilla copy' And I've re-installed that..will that have done the trick?

Thanks

"overwritten my Model folder for the default B737...more precisely, the files it points to,if that makes sense"

Not clear to me. The files in the 737 folder by default only "point" to files in the 737 folder (model, panel, sound.) The exceptions would be effects files, but other aircraft use these same effects files, so easy to correct.

1) Do you have Deluxe, Gold, or Deluxe with Acceleration added?

2) From what I understand, you tried to modify the default 737 which resulted in it not working any more?

3) You need to do a "VC." What does this mean? You are adding some camera views to the aircraft.cfg file?

The least painful method to restore FSX aircraft to their default condition is to use the Repair feature on the installation disk. This will restore ALL default FSX files to their original condition including removing any aircraft or scenery mods which change the default files. Any add-ons (aircraft,scenery) will be intact but will break if they rely on MODIFIED default FSX files.

Before repairing, if you have Acceleration, you need to uninstall Acceleration first.

Apply the Deluxe repair from Gold disk one or Deluxe, test Deluxe to make sure it is fully working, then re-install Acceleration.

Needless to say, you may have to do some extra work after all this is done if you do not back up add-ons and cfg files first.

It cannot be said enough choosing to modify aircraft without first backing up is a lot more more work than the back up process would have been.

-Pv-

2 carrot salad, 10.41 liter bucket, electric doorbell, 17 inch fan, 12X14, 85 Dbm

Hi Ralph,

long time no see. Back to simming with the winter approaching ?

I suppose "doing a VC" means a merge with another exterior model ?

Copying the b737_800\model folder from your backup to your working install should do the trick. If not, there are plenty of downloads around (even here in the library) which include b737_800_interior.mdl (not exactly legal according to some, including me, but they exist).

See ya,

Wim

b727fcaptain.jpgx701captain5.jpg

Archived