The Making Of The WW2 Vought F4U Corsair

• Founder

corsair.jpg

The Making Of The WW2 Vought F4U Corsair

By Frank's MS Flight Sim

Come see who made the iconic WW2 Vought F4U Corsair, complete with some mis-management and fraud, and where it was made. Learn about some of its early weaknesses which had to be rectified before it was certified for aircraft carrier use. Some MSFS and real-life carrier footage is included at the end. Hope you enjoy. Cheers.

Frank's MS Flight Sim

https://www.youtube.com/@FranksMSFlightSimulator

About Frank's MS Flight Sim

I am an avid recreational pilot and flight simmer. Now retired, my career was in airport engineering, and engineering education and training. I use MSFS to practice aspects of my real-life recreational flying, and to make YouTube videos to share on all aspects of aviation such as: heritage/vintage flights, airfields and aircraft; bush/outback/back-country/mountain/water airstrips; aircraft accident investigations; scenic locations; wars; etc. I make a new video every 7 to 10 days. I provide brief, interesting information, often with history, geography, maps, pictures etc, and great places to fly in MSFS. As an avid, curious life-long learner, my focus is on interesting content. Hope you enjoy watching as much as I do producing. Cheers.

Frank, At least for me you have outdone yourself with this video.

The F4U has a place near and dear to any US Marine, exemplified by the well known exploits of VMF-214 "Black Sheep" with Maj. Boyington at the helm.

I just finished reading two-years of war-time daily combat reports for the Black Sheep. Over and over again, the F4U proved itself worthy for the fight.

Your video has so much of areas I've actually overflown in real aviation.

I especially appreciated you adding Arlington National Cemetery and the Pentagon.

Appropriate respect to those lost in WW-II.

Again, Well Done. Bravo Zulu!

• Thanks 1

Always Aviate, then Navigate, then Communicate. And never be low on Fuel, Altitude, Airspeed, or Ideas.

phrog x 2.jpg

Laptop, Intel Core i7 CPU 1.80GHz 2.30 GHz, 8GB RAM, 64-bit, NVIDIA GeoForce MX 130, Extra large coffee-black.

• Founder

I really enjoyed the video too. The Corsair is such a graceful looking plane, I've always enjoyed seeing them and the history is fascinating. I also grew up near Stratford CT so there's a local connection as well.

Some years ago I went to a Corsair reunion at the Bridgeport airport featured in the video and got to see five Corsairs flying. I wrote up a brief story and some photos here:

• Thanks 1