File save? Start location?

I cannot figure out any way to start a flight with the same aircraft and at the same position I left it. This is the new file format; the .FLT file. You can name and save a file, but when you go to load it it will only put you at the end of the departure runway of the airport at which you last saved it.

This is problematic for me. Am I missing something? I have looked around to see if there is somewhere in the setup areas where this might be fixed, but I haven't found it. I'd be very happy to find out that, no, I'm just a [prohibited word], it's right in some very easy place to just flip a switch and it will be fixed. Or is it the case that here, once again, Asobo have dropped the ball and this is just the way it is?

Any guidance from you more experienced guys greatly appreciated. This is just the first of what will probably be a long string of questions which I am accumulating. 

The old adage "build a better mousetrap" apparently doesn't mean much to whomever decides what we get in MSFS2020. Not being able to save flights (like in the past) and lack of "INSTANT Replay"(also like in the past) are two key omissions that should be addressed. Surely, they sold enough copies of 2020 to give the buyers these features...and more!  

People wanted a new built sim. That means that not every feature of the old sims is going to make it into the new sim. And there are plenty of options out there to add INSTANT Replay if you wish.

http://www.air-source.us/images/sigs/000219_195_jimskorna.png

MSFS is also designed for Xbox Series X|S consoles, which have a Quick Resume feature built into the OS. The developers, Asobo and Xbox Studios, have decided that it isn't required in the sim itself.

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

5 hours ago, budreiser said:

The old adage "build a better mousetrap" apparently doesn't mean much to whomever decides what we get in MSFS2020. Not being able to save flights (like in the past) and lack of "INSTANT Replay"(also like in the past) are two key omissions that should be addressed. Surely, they sold enough copies of 2020 to give the buyers these features...and more!  

Remember this is Microsoft we are dealing with.  They have no interest in what the consumer wants, they will dictate what you buy and how you use it.

The best thing that could happen to the computer industry would be for Microsoft to have competition.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, jgf said:

Remember this is Microsoft we are dealing with.  They have no interest in what the consumer wants, they will dictate what you buy and how you use it.

The best thing that could happen to the computer industry would be for Microsoft to have competition.

Wrong......................again. Try running your FS04 on a Mac.

Yes, I am always wrong. 

Mac is not competition to Microsoft because they do not run the same software.   If there were an option to windows that would run the same software then Microsoft would have competition.

You have an option of what TV to buy because they all receive the same channels;  you have an option what car to buy because they all run on the same highways;  there is no option to Microsoft ...so they dictate the market.

• Like 1

Under Boot Camp you can install Windows on a Mac and then you can run FS04.

Also there are other operating systems out there not called Windows.

So I guess Microsoft does have competition, just like you are asking for.

1 hour ago, JSkorna said:

Also there are other operating systems out there not called Windows.

And they do not natively run windows programming.  Linux is popular, but you must be a programming genius to configure emulators to run windows programs ....if indeed they will run them.  There is no alternative to windows for which you can simply install and run your favorite software, thus no viable competition.  Just look at all the anti-trust issues Microsoft faces as they continually buy out competitors, unfortunately they have the financial clout to buy their way out of all such problems.  Aren't you glad MS did not develop the automobile.