Scenery and AI Traffic not working in FSX:SE

So I just downloaded the scenery for RPLL (https://library.avsim.net/download.php?DLID=163772) and started up FSX. I enabled the addon and went to the airport, but the scenery is messy, and AI Traffic is invisible. And I mean the AI planes are still there, just not visible except the lights. Most textures are broken and some just don't show up. One more problem is that the details of the airport is not visible when far away, but when getting near it just appear out of nowhere. The addon is from Iowil espada (VIL LOV). I tried googling people that had the same problems as me, but can't find one. I then tried googling on FS2004 sceneries working in FSX, and it said that it FS2004 sceneries works for FSX. I guess it's just me that suffers the problem. Could anyone help me please?

2nd and 3rd pic are the ai traffic

Microsoft Flight Simulator X 08_03_2024 6_35_09 pm.jpg

Microsoft Flight Simulator X 08_03_2024 6_35_37 pm.jpg

Microsoft Flight Simulator X 08_03_2024 6_35_43 pm.jpg

Known problem, not specific to the Steam Edition. 

The combination of certain older sceneries with the use of non-genuine FSX AI models makes this happen.

The easiest way to fix is to uncheck Ground scenery shadows (Settings -> Display -> Scenery).

Wim

b727fcaptain.jpgx701captain5.jpg

On 3/8/2024 at 8:10 PM, f16jockey_2 said:

Known problem, not specific to the Steam Edition. 

The combination of certain older sceneries with the use of non-genuine FSX AI models makes this happen.

The easiest way to fix is to uncheck Ground scenery shadows (Settings -> Display -> Scenery).

Wim

It was already turned off. This is a comparison of with and without ground scenery shadows (3rd pic is my scenery setting)

1st pic: with shadows
2nd pic: without shadows
3rd pic: scenery settings

Microsoft Flight Simulator X 11_03_2024 6_01_22 pm.jpg

Microsoft Flight Simulator X 11_03_2024 6_03_28 pm.jpg

Microsoft Flight Simulator X 11_03_2024 6_02_00 pm.jpg

19 hours ago, jorgen.s.andersen said:

Are all your AI flight plans in FSX format? All of them need to be, if only one is in FS9 format, all of them will run is FS9 "mode".

You can use AIFP to re-compile all of the plans to the FSX format, easy to do and does not take long.

Jorgen

They all indeed are in FSX Format, and they're from World of AI

12 hours ago, jorgen.s.andersen said:

I would urge you to use AIFP to check that ALL are in FSX format, and to recompile if necessary.

That's unnecessary IMO, as the initial post includes pics with the titles of the AI aircraft in top right corner.

AI traffic is present (nothing wrong with the flight plans), but it's invisible.

IIRC this is the first scenery where the "no ground shadows" trick doesn't work.

A possible solution would be to replace the WoAI models (FS9) with genuine FSX AI models.

That's lots of labour just to make this scenery work.

And as this is not the only problem with the scenery, I'd dump it.

Wim

10 hours ago, f16jockey_2 said:

IIRC this is the first scenery where the "no ground shadows" trick doesn't work.

Because my memory failed: one has to uncheck "Aircraft ground shadows" (Settings -> Display -> Aircraft casts shadows on the ground).

At least I remembered "something with shadows" 🙄

1 hour ago, jorgen.s.andersen said:

there are no problems using FS9 models in FSX

Correct .. except for the problem we're trying to solve here.

It's better explained in this thread (2nd post).

Wim