Helicopter Buffs

6 hours ago, PhrogPhlyer said:

I so agree, however, it's driving me mad to not know every system in the aircraft, even if I won't use it.

With you 100%. I totally agree about all the Systems; there are helicopters I have with Winches and such that came with no Operating instructions, so I'm learning the hard way by pushing keys.

Excited to know what you folks are flying right now; I'm back to re-learning the LongRanger. But I'm a Niner, so... 😋

"I created the Little Black Book to keep myself from getting killed..." -- Captain Elrey Borge Jeppesen

AMD 1.9GB/8GB RAM/AMD VISION 1GB GPU/500 GB HDD/WIN 7 PRO 64/FS9 CFS CFS2

COSIM banner_AVSIM3.JPG

12 hours ago, ViperPilot2 said:

I'm back to re-learning the LongRanger.

image.thumb.jpeg.2ceb23a17cdb9f3c1f83eeb233493cbd.jpeg

• Like 1

Always Aviate, then Navigate, then Communicate. And never be low on Fuel, Altitude, Airspeed, or Ideas.

phrog x 2.jpg

Laptop, Intel Core i7 CPU 1.80GHz 2.30 GHz, 8GB RAM, 64-bit, NVIDIA GeoForce MX 130, Extra large coffee-black.

1 hour ago, PhrogPhlyer said:

image.thumb.jpeg.2ceb23a17cdb9f3c1f83eeb233493cbd.jpeg

Identity Crisis? You said it! So many choices; the LongRanger, its offspring the 407 (pictured), or the 427?

The Lone Ranger just didn't do it for me; I was a Generation too late. Being a student of The Old West allowed me to learn about other Heroes and Legends, though.

"I created the Little Black Book to keep myself from getting killed..." -- Captain Elrey Borge Jeppesen

COSIM banner_AVSIM3.JPG

2 hours ago, ViperPilot2 said:

407 (pictured), or the 427

Anything but the 505, IMO it will never replace the pure smooth aesthetics of the JetRanger series. 

• Like 1

Always Aviate, then Navigate, then Communicate. And never be low on Fuel, Altitude, Airspeed, or Ideas.

phrog x 2.jpg

Laptop, Intel Core i7 CPU 1.80GHz 2.30 GHz, 8GB RAM, 64-bit, NVIDIA GeoForce MX 130, Extra large coffee-black.

33 minutes ago, PhrogPhlyer said:

Anything but the 505, IMO it will never replace the pure smooth aesthetics of the JetRanger series. 

It doesn't 'look' right. And the Interior looks kinda... cheap. Seems like a direct competitor to the R66.

But hey... no one's creating new Helo content for Nine, so gotta go with what's out there. Beggars can't be choosers.

COSIM banner_AVSIM3.JPG