Getting Started with FSX

5 hours ago, lynnesuttles said:

I am getting started with FSX

You will also find here in the FSX forums an active community of FSX users, as well as all the other versions of MSFS and other flight sims.

Never hesitate to ask, we are more than happy to help guide you as you learn and have fun.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Always Aviate, then Navigate, then Communicate. And never be low on Fuel, Altitude, Airspeed, or Ideas.

phrog x 2.jpg

Laptop, Intel Core i7 CPU 1.80GHz 2.30 GHz, 8GB RAM, 64-bit, NVIDIA GeoForce MX 130, Extra large coffee-black.

11 hours ago, lynnesuttles said:

As the title suggests I am getting started with FSX and I want to try more planes. Where are safe places to find more planes preferably free to start out? The four planes I would like to try are: Piper Arrow, Beechcraft Bonanza, C-130 and C-5.

here are some links for you, all on this website:

Bonanza

Arrow

C-130

C-5

I love freeware... TDS 737's 787's are amazing (after rigorous testing to my personal opinion on performance like endurance, climb perf and braking). There is no free C-130 worthy unless you want a very heavy King Air performing aircraft. C-5 is also very unlikely. The captainsim C-130 Xperience was a respectable product (I don't kno if it is still available or what cost). Just be prepared that most freeware aircraft will be heavily based off default planes..... A free Arrow will likely fly just like the C172 with maybe better speed and different fuel flow. Freeware developers Project Airbus, Project Opensky/Skyspirit, TDS, Dreamwings, off the top of my head are a little more developed. Free is still wonderful. Just don't assume you're flying a genuine representation. FS will always have it's limitations. (Even PMDG has a few shortcomings). Happy Simming!

• Thanks 1

Commercial Level Sim has a free 'Lite' Piper Arrow for download. It's both FS9 and FSX, which means it's likely a port from FS9.  Search on 'commercial level simulations piper arrow'

Ernest Pergrem

System: i7-13700K, Gigabyte Z790 UD AX, 32GB RAM, GeForce GTX 1080 FTW Gaming, Windows 11 Pro 64-bit, MSFS 2020, FSX, Thrustmaster T.16000M Joystick, Cessna Pedals, Saitek Trim Wheel, Switch Panel, and Multi Panel

Not exactly what you're looking for, but in my opinion, the following freeware is definitely worth testing:

A2A - https://a2asimulations.com/product/accu-sim-p-40-fsx/

Blackbird Sim. / Milviz: https://blackbirdsims.com/flight/freebies.php (some are Prepar3D only) but there are some really nice planes for FSX

In both links, you'll find freeware that was formerly payware and maintains a correspondingly high level of quality.