Can I fly with the mouse as I do in FSX?

Simple question: can I fly with the mouse?

I have searched extensively in this and other forums and have not found a clear answer. I am partly disabled and cannot use a joystick.I use FSX and have long since learned to substitute the mouse and it works fine. I just ordered MSFS 2020 and now I'm feeling like a [prohibited word] because I was assuming that, well, of course I should also be able to do the same thing in MSFS, right?

Hope you're all doing well - Tres

I am not sure, so I would just give it a shot.  Once the sim is loaded up, go into the options settings, find the keyboard/mouse settings and you should be able to adjust them.  Not sure exactly what else to tell you, but give it a shot 🙂

Windows 10 Pro, 32 gigs DDR4 RAM, Nvidia GForce RTX 3070, Intel I7 10700 running at 3.8, with Noctua NH-L9x65, Premium Low-Profile CPU Cooler-HP Reverb G2 for Virtual Reality

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for responding to me, and I meant to get back to you much more promptly just to say thank you, but I've been up to my ass in alligators ever since MSFS arrived.

But the plain truth is, no, there is no mouse joystick available. I find it hard to comprehend that a purportedly high-class outfit such as ASOBO could be so obtuse as to not include a basic thing such as a mouse joystick. But they didn't.

But, for anybody in the same boat as I am, there is hope: Vjoy and Virtual Essentials.  Vjoy is the virtual driver which creates the virtual joystick and Virtual Essentials is the program which makes it work. Both are free downloads and there are YouTube videos explaining how to make them work. It was hell, but even someone like me, a basic computer numnuts, can eventually figure it out. It took me close to three days but I now have a mouse joystick that is pretty much as good as the one I have in FSX.

For all I know, I'm the only guy in the flight Sim world for whom this is an issue but if there is anybody else I would be more than happy to share my experience, which wasn't easy.

Now I am over a week into the MSFS world and I am just getting to where I can keep a Cessna 172 basically straight and level and I am learning the basics of the Garman 1000, and so forth. It is very pretty to look at but there have been a number of negatives, not the least of which the fact that there are no opening doors. I couldn't believe, after all the purportedly huge effort they must have put in to making it so pretty, that they would have omitted a detail like that! A true gut punch, but I am recovering LOL! 

I'm probably going to have more to say about this in general, but right now my thoughts are not terribly well organized except to say I'm still FSX; in my opinion it remains the greatest sin ever.

• 2 weeks later...