HMS Bounty for FSX Released

Something new, different and immersive to try :-)

HMS Bounty for FSX - VERSION 1.1

Built Specifically for FSX - (separate package required for FS9)

by Milton Shupe, Nigel Richards, Rob Barendregt, Sasha Rieger, and Rob Ibey. Helmsman by Craig "Full" Richardson

HMS Bounty 18th Century Tall Ship square rigger completely wind driven, individually animated and controlled sails, animated flags with direction and wind speeds, animated helm, and Sail Management Window to control all ship fuctions. Ship responds to wind speeds and direction with yaw, keeling, and pitch depending on sails deployed and yard arm positions. Ambient sounds, variable wind and gale storm sounds, ship's bell, "Salute", anchor weigh/drop all add to immersion.

WILL NOT WORK IN FS9 as it contains FSX native texture formatting and FSX specific sim interfaces. (Separate FS9 package available.)

BIG NOTE: The latest version of FSUIPC is Required for the HMS Bounty to work.

beaglerightqtr (Medium).jpg

rqa.jpg

1960earlyfrontqtr (Medium).jpg

1960earlyrear.jpg

anchordroppedsailsstowed (Medium).jpg

beaglegoingaway.jpg

Milton Shupe, FS2004 Modeler Hack

Video Tutorials -

Website Location for My Aircraft

My Flightsim Uploads

Very nice. I remember my father building a wooden model of it when I was a kid. I downloaded it myself. I did try to convert it to a stationary object as well but the sails came out vertical for some reason.

Mike G.

Intel Core i7-4770K, ASUS MAXIMUS VI HERO Motherboard, , 8GB Memory , EVGA GeForce GTX 1070 6GB Video Card,Corsair Enthusiast 750W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply,Windows 7 64bit, Corsair Hydro Series H55 CPU Cooler

Very nice. I remember my father building a wooden model of it when I was a kid. I downloaded it myself. I did try to convert it to a stationary object as well but the sails came out vertical for some reason.

Thanks for your comments. There will be an AI and static model available soon. Due to special programming interfaces with the sim, the sail-able model will not work as an AI as there are no panel and gauge functions available in AI.

Video Tutorials -

My Flightsim Uploads

• 3 months later...
I have an issue with the boat not moving with anchor up and a wind of 36. almost like its stuck. tried several different things with no luck. even downloaded again. Can someone help!

I assume you are running the FSX version in FSX?

If so, the number one issue is this:

If you are not sure, and to determine if you do, see the link at the end of the manual to download it. It's free.

Link: http://www.schiratti.com/dowson.html

Video Tutorials -

My Flightsim Uploads

I assume you are running the FSX version in FSX?

If so, the number one issue is this:

If you are not sure, and to determine if you do, see the link at the end of the manual to download it. It's free.

Link: http://www.schiratti.com/dowson.html

Thank you. I had the latest version of FSUIPC. I guess I had a bug in the software. Wound up re installing FSX. I'm happy I did. It's good to get a fresh start sometimes. The Boat works fine now. Thanks again!

• 3 months later...
Hello, I'm having this exact issue, the ship just won't move with full sail, anchor weighing, and max wind settings... I've tried everything, every keyboard key, joystick throttle controls, I even removed the update and redownloaded the ship, still but unfortunately, NOTHING is doing the job for the ship to move. Awesome piece of free addon, but shame it's unpilotable!

Hello, I'm having this exact issue, the ship just won't move with full sail, anchor weighing, and max wind settings... I've tried everything, every keyboard key, joystick throttle controls, I even removed the update and redownloaded the ship, still but unfortunately, NOTHING is doing the job for the ship to move. Awesome piece of free addon, but shame it's unpilotable!

Okay, sorry you are having issues. But, lets' start at the beginning.

What sim are you running?

Which version of HMS Bounty do you have? FSX or FS9?

Are you running the latest FSUIPC version?

Some notes: Although we have successful tests in all versions of P3D, some versions were not so successful (mainly 2.4 and 2.5). Mostly the Bounty seems to run well there but only a test by you can determine that. For versions 2.4 and 2.5, FSTramp and TacPac must be disabled. The latest version of FSUIPC is required for all P3D versions. Sim Realism settings must be set to “Hard” for wind effects.

Thanks

Milton Shupe

Video Tutorials -

My Flightsim Uploads

Thanks for the reply Milton,

To start with, I'm using FSX SP2 with FSUIPC version 4.9

and yes I have the FSX version of HMS Bounty.

As to mrzippy's reply, the answer is no, I am not sailing from the opposite direction of the wind (of course)...

On another worthy note, I'd like to state that I am in love with your FSX naval models, as they not only bring an awesome immersion to FSX, they're very detailed too.

Keep them coming... all your efforts and hard work are much appreciated!

I know that this would be somehow off the topic, but I'd like to take the opportunity to make a request on the go.

Well, since there are no real good drivable "Airport Bus" vehicle models for FSX. If you would have the time to create such an addon, I think it would be an amazing touch!

Thought I would speak out my wish lol

Anyway, I'll try setting the realism to hard as you suggested and see if it works. I'll let you know how it goes.

Thanks a bunch bro...

Cheers!

Hassan Ezzeddine

Okay i did the realism setting test and, no luck...

Really getting frustrated with this issue :(

I did notice something though, in the panel gauge window, a tiny red light was blinking on&off between the master & the auto switch I think, that happened after I set the winds to 36 knots. And I assure you I was heading with the wind but she wasn't moving any inch forward at all. Weird right!

Thanks again for all the help.

mrzippy,

Looking at your screenshot, I realize my issue.

You have a green 'on" light next to the "auto" switch, and your "auto" switch is tickaled up.

I never got the green light as my "auto" switch will not go up, since it's not tickable on my end.

Hmmm...

Now I can see what's preventing her from sailing but still can't figure out what's causing it not to.

Okay i did the realism setting test and, no luck...

Really getting frustrated with this issue :(

I did notice something though, in the panel gauge window, a tiny red light was blinking on&off between the master & the auto switch I think, that happened after I set the winds to 36 knots. And I assure you I was heading with the wind but she wasn't moving any inch forward at all. Weird right!

Thanks again for all the help.

That tiny red light is critical. It indicates too many sails for the wind speed and will disable the sails if you do not correct the situation.

It also can indicate that wind is coming from the front angles beyond sailable limits.

Try a new "flight". Set weather at 24 knots so as not to exceed limits.

Set wind direction to come from behind you.

Turn on your Master switch

Weigh anchor (after the anchor is up (20 secs), the sails will deploy)

Turn on Auto-Skipper. It will will set the sail position for you based on wind direction.

Remember, the arrow on the compass shows direction of wind flow, not the direction from which the wind is coming. The winds should flow through your sails from behind.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/8geonx0c75aj0h9/sail.JPG?dl=0

You might revisit the manual in the Docs folder.

Pay attention to Pages 6 and 10.

I would recommend reading the manual carefully. There are many features, It explains the Sail Management Gauge functions, the lights, the interactions, wind speed restrictions, etc.

Video Tutorials -

My Flightsim Uploads

That tiny red light is critical. It indicates too many sails for the wind speed and will disable the sails if you do not correct the situation.

It also can indicate that wind is coming from the front angles beyond sailable limits.

Try a new "flight". Set weather at 24 knots so as not to exceed limits.

Set wind direction to come from behind you.

Turn on your Master switch

Weigh anchor (after the anchor is up (20 secs), the sails will deploy)

Turn on Auto-Skipper. It will will set the sail position for you based on wind direction.

Remember, the arrow on the compass shows direction of wind flow, not the direction from which the wind is coming. The winds should flow through your sails from behind.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/8geonx0c75aj0h9/sail.JPG?dl=0

You might revisit the manual in the Docs folder.

Pay attention to Pages 6 and 10.

I would recommend reading the manual carefully. There are many features, It explains the Sail Management Gauge functions, the lights, the interactions, wind speed restrictions, etc.

Not sure if you read my previous post stating that I am not being able to click the "auto" switch, as it just won't move or change to on. It's static.

Regarding the winds, I made sure I wasn't sailing against the wind direction trust me, I know exactly what you mean and I do know very well what I was doing.

I did read another user's post stating the issue before I joined this thread as a result of this exact same situation, and I could see that he managed to fix his problem in the end "after reinsalling FSX".

In my case, I wouldn't want to go through the hassle of uninstalling my FSX and reinstall it all over again with all its 94 GB addons that I have.

Again, my problem is the "AUTO" switch not ticking up, it keeps saying (OFF) every time I try to switch it on.

I'm totally sure it must be a little bug, or some other software is interfering with this gauge. But I have many other aircraft/vehicle addons that require thorough and complex steps in order to install in FSX, and none have ever caused me any trouble at all.

Thanks again for your help bro. I really appreciate it.

Cheers

Hassan Ezzeddine.

Hassan,

Do you think it is curious that there are over 8000 users of this package in FS9, FSX, and P3D who run it successfully? No complaints; works great! They love it!

The issue is NOT the Auto switch; the issue is you have a condition that disallows the auto switch from activating.

Auto-Skipper can only be Activated (or remain Active) when:

- Anchor is weighed

- Wind direction is not within the +/- 50 degree sector (no-go zone) from the head of the ship; meaning it is only Active if forward speed is possible. (If the green light does not come on, conditions are not met.)

Please do the following:

Step by Step – Let’s Go Sailing

1. Load the Bounty

2. Load the SMW – Shift+1 (automatically sets lamps, anchor down, and sails stowed)

3. Set your wind direction and wind speed (World/Weather/User Defined/customized weather)

4. Weigh anchor

5. Select your sails manually or select Auto-Skipper

6. Load the TEST gauge window - Shift+3

Get a screen shot and post it here.

Thank you

Milton Shupe

Video Tutorials -

My Flightsim Uploads

• 6 years later...
Hi,

I know this is old and I am not Hassan, but here is my screenshot...

[ATTACH=CONFIG]230171[/ATTACH]

Standing by,

Calvin

Hi Calvin :-)

Nice to see someone still interested in the Bounty package. Dang, sorry you are having issues. Looking at what you posted, it seems you have met the basic requirements to get moving.

Assuming you are running FSX and have installed the FSX Bounty package, you need to follow the installation instructions carefully. (As I recall, there is a native FSX package and two version updates (1.1 and 1.2) plus and update. Install instructions have some special software requirements so read carefully to insure you have the requisite support software installed).

Now, since I retired from the sims and modeling work five years ago, I no longer have any of that stuff installed. I will however ask the gauge programmer, Rob Barendregt, to visit this page and try to assist you.

For FSX native package installation (FSXHMSBounty12.zip), did you also install the update (FSXHMSBountyUpdt12.zip) that simply replaces the Panel folder?

The following is also important:

Note: Realism settings should be set to "Hard" for best Wind Effects (Will not work on "Easy" realism in FSX.)

Video Tutorials -

My Flightsim Uploads

Hi Milton,

I believe I did all that carefully, but since my recall is a challenge I will try again very, very carefully.

FYI - I tried posting in another thread and after a couple of days of no response I thought I would try my luck at http://www.fsdeveloper.com. I found this thread through a post on FSD. I came back here and plugged my fingers in my ears, squinted my eyes and yelled, "CANNONBALL!" and dived in. LOL Since the last post here was in November 2015, I had no idea it would be seen. Thank you for noticing.

I'll post back a report later.

Thanks.

Calvin