Flighttests aircrafts Honolulu PHNL XP11 JK.

First: Cessna 172 SP G1000.   A new project. Testing a number of new aircrafts in my hangar at Honolulu PHNL Airport. It starts with a Cessna SP172 G1000. The digital version of the C-172 with 6-pack is a study in itself. The first flight will be VFR. So just visually. Taxiing is a long way to runway 8R. That's why I ended up on 4R after one lap. The tower, the ATC apparently had no objection to it. Not even asked. No idea how that works. We'll find out later.

In a second attempt to get the Cessna SP172 G1000 to fly properly, I switched to IFR, or instruments, after the start in Honolulu. My Flightplan from G-Plan didn't show up. Shame. The AP/FD autopilot along with the HDG and ALT went fine. The US, nose up and down took some getting used to. It automatically went to the selected height. Excellent. The ILS frequency of runway 4R and APR also worked well. After this, I landed manually. Finish test 01

Nicely done.

English translation of posts are below:

A new project. Testing a number of new aircraft in my hangar at Honolulu PHNL Airport. It starts with a Cessna SP172 G1000. The digital version of the C-172 with 6-pack is a study in itself. The first flight will be VFR. So just visually. Taxiing is a long way to runway 8R. That's why I ended up on 4R after one lap. The tower, the ATC apparently had no objection to it. Not even asked. No idea how that works. We'll find out later.

In a second attempt to get the Cessna SP172 G1000 to fly properly, I switched to IFR, or instruments, after the start in Honolulu. My Flightplan from G-Plan didn't show up. Shame. The AP/FD autopilot along with the HDG and ALT went fine. The US, nose up and down took some getting used to. It automatically went to the selected height. Excellent. The ILS frequency of runway 4R and APR also worked well. After this, I landed manually. Finish test 01.

• Thanks 1

Always Aviate, then Navigate, then Communicate. And never be low on Fuel, Altitude, Airspeed, or Ideas.

phrog x 2.jpg

Laptop, Intel Core i7 CPU 1.80GHz 2.30 GHz, 8GB RAM, 64-bit, NVIDIA GeoForce MX 130, Extra large coffee-black.

• 2 weeks later...

Testing the Glider ASK-21 Schleicher. O’ahu, Honolulu, Daniel K Inouye International Airport.

Wow. I was very surprised when I saw a Tow Plane in front of me, that could take me to 2000 ft. Be careful and don't go up too quickly. Just follow the leader. At 2000 ft. I released the Cable hook. I had set the Thermals above 1000 ft., 20%, Climb. 400 ft/min. But I did not observe some Thermals. Back to Runway 26R. Nice Flight. After two Turns to the left, I landed between de Runways. Not bad this first attempt in an X-Plane-11 Glider.

https://youtu.be/_uKf-vVoSHU?feature=shared

IMG_2615.jpeg