Photo terrain scenery white blotches

hjwalter

Hi Guys,

In some of my "countryside" photo sceneries I see many small white rectangular blotches appearing as I fly towards them and then disappearing again when I get closer or fly over them. Untextured (farm-)buildings maybe ?

On closer inspection theey are almost all positioned in rectangular lighter coloured photo-terrain "plots" and when I directly slew down onto any one of them my slew-plane strangely enough (partially) disappears under what looks like a transparant rectangular shape.

Could these be in my FS9 not (yet) existing world texture files ?

If so, how do I disassemble the related photo BGL file(s) in order to find out which world textures are being called for ?

Greatfull for any advice.

Regards to all and long live FS9.

Hans

A couple of screen cap's might be helpful.

It certainly sounds like an untextured model ... have you got any autogen for the area that might be causing problems?

It'll just take a second or two to disable autogen and see if the fault goes away.

Which photo-scenery is it?

It's not a case of some "demo-ware" asking for payment, is it?

Chris_eve,

Thanks for your reply but .... nope ..... my strange white blotches were not caused by some, as you call it, "demo-ware", which was showing me what happens when the related payment is overdue.

After a heck of a lot of "messing around", primarily in your advised directions but without any form of success, I suddenly began to find additional issues, which were in no way related to photo or other forms of scenery, e.g. certain keyboard combinations no longer worked as they had always done. This caused me to almost immediately dig up and re-install an eight year old FS9.cfg backup file and PRESTO, all blotches were suddenly gone !! Not only that but my graphics card suddenly began showing better detailed pictures !!

How these automatic FS9.cfg "updates" had taken place in the not too distance past, certainly beats me and the only thing I can now think of is that they had taken place as part of some automatic (scenery) installer, maybe even a graphics card driver update.

Anyway, all's well that ends well but automatic installers in whatever form should always remain highly suspicious.

Regards

Hans