No AI Traffic in FSX:SE

I installed a flight plan from AIG, tried to substitute the missing aircrafts, and compiled them to my scenery file. I also deleted world of ai traffic so I could add some flight plans. Once I start up FSX, there's no aircraft traffic whatsoever. I can't find cars and trucks in roads, but I found cargo ships in a nearby bay. I tried to convert all traffic from fs9 to fsx, nothing. Verify integrity of game files in steam, nothing. I don't know how to fix this! I'm trying to install a Cebu Pacific 2023-2024 Flight plan using FAIB A320, A321 and AIG A330, All of them are FSX models. Could anyone help me fix this please? Is it because the trafficAircraft.bgl file is corrupted? Am I doing something wrong when compiling? Someone help me please!! The following image is what my AIFP looks like along with the installed AI Flight Plan, Aircrafts, Airports, etc.AIFP

In the right-hand pane of the AIFP screenshot, you see all the aircraft are in black. That means AIFP sees them as installed.

That you have no AI traffic at all in my experience means that somehow, somewhere within the scope of your FSX installation there is a FS9 traffic file lurking, that has evaded your converting all FS9 traffic to FSX.

This converting was the right thing to do, but it only converts what files are in the \Scenery\World\Scenery folder - the normal traffic file folder. If there is a traffic file in an add-on scenery folder, for example, then that will not be converted. It is such a file that you're looking for.

What I would do here is to use File Explorer, and direct it to C:\Program Files(x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX. Then enter "traffic" without the quotes in the search box. This will find all the files with "traffic" in their file name, then go through them and find the ones not located in \Scenery\World\Scenery. Then you have the culprit.

Jorgen

3 hours ago, jorgen.s.andersen said:

In the right-hand pane of the AIFP screenshot, you see all the aircraft are in black. That means AIFP sees them as installed.

That you have no AI traffic at all in my experience means that somehow, somewhere within the scope of your FSX installation there is a FS9 traffic file lurking, that has evaded your converting all FS9 traffic to FSX.

This converting was the right thing to do, but it only converts what files are in the \Scenery\World\Scenery folder - the normal traffic file folder. If there is a traffic file in an add-on scenery folder, for example, then that will not be converted. It is such a file that you're looking for.

What I would do here is to use File Explorer, and direct it to C:\Program Files(x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX. Then enter "traffic" without the quotes in the search box. This will find all the files with "traffic" in their file name, then go through them and find the ones not located in \Scenery\World\Scenery. Then you have the culprit.

Jorgen

There are alot of files. Besides on the bgl files in the scenery/World/scenery location, there is some files such as Trafficinfo.dll in the Modules folder, and AI Traffic.exe in the SDK folder, but I think the Trafficinfo.dll file is suspicious, I'll try to keep you updated when it's fixed.

Like I said before, if you have run that convert function in AIFP, then what is in \Scenery\World\Scenery is OK.

What you're looking for now is a .bgl traffic file not located  in \Scenery\World\Scenery.

It has to have the string "traffic" in the file name, and the extension has to be .bgl.

Jorgen

8 minutes ago, jorgen.s.andersen said:

Like I said before, if you have run that convert function in AIFP, then what is in \Scenery\World\Scenery is OK.

What you're looking for now is a .bgl traffic file not located  in \Scenery\World\Scenery.

It has to have the string "traffic" in the file name, and the extension has to be .bgl.

Jorgen

There's only 2 bgl files that has "traffic" in it and not located in the 'scenery\World\scenery" location, "CVS_traffic.BGL" (in scenery Rikoooo folder since I installed a Formusa X Taipei Taoyuan Airport addon months ago) and "cvx_KPAE_road_traffic.BGL" (in Addon Scenery since I also installed a scenery for KPAE by Brett Delana in AVSIM Library) that's the only thing I found when searching traffic on the FSX folder

19 hours ago, Ryubunao1478 said:

Once I start up FSX, there's no aircraft traffic whatsoever. I can't find cars and trucks in roads, but I found cargo ships in a nearby bay.

My apologies for asking such an obvious thing: did you check you sliders?

fsx_trafik_ayarlari.thumb.jpg.d78df57077bef2d8829d6a1caafa73b8.jpg

Wim

b727fcaptain.jpgx701captain5.jpg

1 hour ago, jorgen.s.andersen said:

Those two will exclude traffic from specified locations - at least that's what they are supposed to do.

Did you no-traffic issue begin with the installation of either (or both) of those two sceneries?

Jorgen

Not really, I had WOAI installed already at the time I installed both sceneries

16 hours ago, jorgen.s.andersen said:

WoAI creates standard .bgls, so they are not a problem here.

I need to think a bit about this one..

Jorgen

The problem is probably the trafficaircraft.bgl, i'll try to find the problem

3 hours ago, jorgen.s.andersen said:

Where is that one located?

Based on Jorgen's remark:

On 1/24/2024 at 6:46 PM, Ryubunao1478 said:

I installed a flight plan from AIG, tried to substitute the missing aircrafts, and compiled them to my scenery file.

After doing that and starting FSX, do you see the "Generating scenery file indexes..." popup?

Wim

b727fcaptain.jpgx701captain5.jpg

• 1 month later...
On 1/26/2024 at 7:16 PM, f16jockey_2 said:

Based on Jorgen's remark:

After doing that and starting FSX, do you see the "Generating scenery file indexes..." popup?

Wim

From what I remember, no I did not