FS: Intel 486 Era flight sim hardware

Kay_Bea

Hello Pilots,

I am new here, I created an account to show these things and either sell them or get advice where I should sell them. If creating a new ID in your space to do so is rude, just let me know and I'll delete it but if so please let me know a pilot-centric place I might post them.  I am an older person and into retro computers (Commodore, Apple IIe and Silicon Graphics) yet I found myself with a 486 PC and associated control panel, yoke, pedals etc. The 486 has an "EPIC" card to drive the panel. Also have all the documentation. Shipping would probably be expensive so I'd prefer to sell to someone willing to come to Los Angeles.  

If interested please let me know. You can reach me directly at:  dewar_hake_0e@icloud.com

Thank you for your attention, time and space to post this.

KB

Vintage_flight_sim_04_half.jpg

Vintage_flight_sim_06_half.jpg

Vintage_flight_sim_07_half.jpg

Vintage_flight_sim_11_half.jpg

Vintage_flight_sim_78_half.jpg

Vintage_flight_sim_79_half.jpg

Vintage_flight_sim_81_half.jpg

Vintage_flight_sim_82_half.jpg

Vintage_flight_sim_83_half.jpg

Vintage_flight_sim_84_half.jpg

Vintage_flight_sim_86_half.jpg

Vintage_flight_sim_87_half.jpg

Vintage_flight_sim_88_half.jpg

Vintage_flight_sim_89_half.jpg

Vintage_flight_sim_90_half.jpg

Vintage_flight_sim_92_half.jpg

Vintage_flight_sim_93_half.jpg

Vintage_flight_sim_94_half.jpg

Vintage_flight_sim_95_half.jpg

Vintage_flight_sim_96_half.jpg

Vintage_flight_sim_97_half.jpg

Vintage_flight_sim_98_half.jpg

Vintage_flight_sim_99_half.jpg

• Like 1

• Founder

Wow, that is quite a collection of vintage hardware you have there!

I don't have any personal experience selling vintage computer gear, but have some related experience that might be helpful.

I belong to a local club "NEVEC" (formerly NEARC) that is for collectors of vintage electronics. In that group, we have exactly one person who I know of who is interested in vintage computers...he owns practically every possible one! So there is some interest in this sort of thing. Perhaps there are similar groups specifically for vintage computers...do some Internet searches to try and find them.

For the actually selling, I'm sure you know of eBay. I buy and sell lots of vintage radio and electronic gear and in recent years most of it sells via eBay, as that's the best way I've found to reach a large audience, including those few people who want oddball items. But even if you don't sell there, you can use it as a research tool. Go to eBay and do a search on one of the items you want to sell and see if anyone else is selling one. Even better, once you've done that switch to viewing past sales to see if any actually sold and at what price. This will give you an idea if your things have people wanting them. Good luck!

• Like 1

Thank you Nels, I'll poke around. I appreciate your response. The "web" retro community is actually large, but I imagine it would be a tiny subset interested in flight sim gear.

Cheers.

KB