im creating a new airbase simulator completely from scratch! would anyone like to help?

convair2334

hello all, i am planning to utilize unreal engine to create a free airbase simulator, with full addon support! it will include:

• all of the worlds military aircraft (AI only!) from the cold war to date. available as freeware addons
  • scenery of different airbases, such as RAF lyneham, raf linton on ouse, and rivolto, like the aircraft, these  will be available as freeware addons
  • real human speech for AI pilots, ground crew and ATC, in each of the worlds accents
  • onboard cameras onboard every single aircraft, so you can see said AI pilots in action from the cockpit!
  • real engine sounds
  • QRA launches (can either be set to random, or be triggered by the players)
  • air displays (which can be set for any aircraft, and any type of display, solo or fomation!)
  • animated pilots and ground crew
  • day/night cycles
  • changeable weather
  • avatar mode, so you can walk, or even drive around each base!
  • ground vehicles
  • radar map, to show positions of each aircraft in the simulated world!
  • peace time/ war time scenarios

now comes the big question, would anyone like to help make this project happen?

im autistic as well, so i find it hard to fit a lot in my head sometimes!

What is your general programming background?

What is your gaming programming background?

How much money have you set aside for the project?

Do you have other funding streams for this?

http://www.air-source.us/images/sigs/000219_195_jimskorna.png

52 minutes ago, JSkorna said:

What is your general programming background?

What is your gaming programming background?

How much money have you set aside for the project?

Do you have other funding streams for this?

i am still learning some basics

like i did say, the game will be free

so i have no funding streams.

Like I discussed over at the other site,  It looks like you want to emulate Combat Flight Simulator by Microsoft.  All of the major players in creating Flight

Simulator programs had many people set up in teams to create the Sims.  So far,  you have selected 2 sites that don't have much activity in Combat Flight Simulation.

May I suggest joining Simouthouse.  They have a pretty strong group over there.  One person I would recommend talking to would be Heidi.  She and her son are creators

of many combat missions for CSF2.  Another good source over there would be a member named Rami.

https://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/forum.php

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

12 minutes ago, convair2334 said:

now ive got another problem, i cant post in sim outhouse! it says, you may not post new threads in the posting permissions!

You'll need to Sign up for an Account over at Sim-Outhouse, just like you did here.

Once they Approve your Request, you will be able to Post in the Threads.

"I created the Little Black Book to keep myself from getting killed..." -- Captain Elrey Borge Jeppesen

AMD 1.9GB/8GB RAM/AMD VISION 1GB GPU/500 GB HDD/WIN 7 PRO 64/FS9 CFS CFS2

COSIM banner_AVSIM3.JPG

20 minutes ago, convair2334 said:

i signed up last year in february but i can only message people

That is something you will have to discuss with the Site Administrator at Sim-Outhouse. 

• Thanks 1

"I created the Little Black Book to keep myself from getting killed..." -- Captain Elrey Borge Jeppesen

AMD 1.9GB/8GB RAM/AMD VISION 1GB GPU/500 GB HDD/WIN 7 PRO 64/FS9 CFS CFS2

COSIM banner_AVSIM3.JPG

• 1 month later...
On 12/25/2023 at 4:03 PM, mrzippy said:

Like I discussed over at the other site,  It looks like you want to emulate Combat Flight Simulator by Microsoft.  All of the major players in creating Flight

Simulator programs had many people set up in teams to create the Sims.  So far,  you have selected 2 sites that don't have much activity in Combat Flight Simulation.

May I suggest joining Simouthouse.  They have a pretty strong group over there.  One person I would recommend talking to would be Heidi.  She and her son are creators

of many combat missions for CSF2.  Another good source over there would be a member named Rami.

https://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/forum.php

so, i am still planning this project, but i need to find out how to contact heidi. what is heidi's username?