Thinking about FSX Steam? Think again!

I got FSX-SE because it was $5.00 (when it first hit back in January). I wanted to see what the whole brew-ha-ha concerning FSX was about. I now fly on it almost every day and night (I'm disabled and can't do a lot else), and i have yet to have a crash, for OOM or any other reason, although the planes I fly are a different story. THAT was a joke. I am flying the FSX BA F/A-18C (NH version), and loving every second of it. After all the team that made the Acceleration F/A-18 is the one modifying it. They are some smart cookies, let me tell you!

ANYway, I am on an old Dell 1750 laptop, Core 2, 2.5 MHz, etc etc, and I consistently get 20-25 FPS, plenty enough for smooth flying. No troubles at all, although I can't have all my scenery etc sliders all the way to the right. I'm not in it for the scenery anyway, as long as the airports and boats I utilize look good and I can find them in the dark, I'm more than happy. Most of the time I can't even SEE the ground anyway, just keep an eye on the horizon and the difference between UP and DOWN. I hope :D

Anyway, I'm loving it, I will recommend Stem any time, although for totality of add-ons, number of add-ons, and variety of add-ons, FS9 is still the bomb. At least on this computer.

Just my humble take on FSX-SE etc.

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!

Sgt, USMC, 10 years proud service, Inactive reserve now :D

Archived