ADE and parking spots question

neilking2706

Hello, I'm a total ADE novice so apologies in advance.

In a freeware airport scenery I downloaded, the AI a/c seemed to overlap each other at the gates so I attempted to deal with that by using ADE to 'prune' parking spots so as to have none overlapping with each other. However (and even though I was certain the revised bgl was in the right place in substitution for the original one), when I fired up FSX again, the AI a/c were still all overlapping at the gates.

Is curing this problem more complex than I'm imagining?

Any tips gratefully received but please in very simple language taking no knowledge on my part for granted.

TIA

The first thing I would check is if your modified airport is actually being loaded.  Where did you place it? Is that location listed in scenery.cfg?  

Ernest Pergrem

System: i7-13700K, Gigabyte Z790 UD AX, 32GB RAM, GeForce GTX 1080 FTW Gaming, Windows 11 Pro 64-bit, MSFS 2020, FSX, Thrustmaster T.16000M Joystick, Cessna Pedals, Saitek Trim Wheel, Switch Panel, and Multi Panel

2 hours ago, airernie said:

The first thing I would check is if your modified airport is actually being loaded.  Where did you place it? Is that location listed in scenery.cfg?  

Thanks for replying. I think I've detected that the problem was that I hadn't pruned the parking spots heavily enough. I hadn't realised at first that there might be smaller ones totally concealed under bigger ones leading to 737s nestling under the wings of 777s. With further pruning, it looks much better now. Thanks again. (BTW, why would a scenery designer have all these overlapping parking spots? But perhaps that's for another thread.)