XP1208B1 is out and along with some new problems.

flytv1

Hi everyone.

There is Nothing new Flight related, they just fixed? some issues unrelated to actual Flight model / dynamics.

What to expect?:

If you have a Flight saved from a previous version, and you are bypassing the Main Opening screen, you are likely to get hung up on Preparing World.

To fix/ work around that you need to Rename your "X-Plane.prf" to something else like   xxxx.v07 and restart your XP and let it rebuild it.

This will require you to generate a New Flight in your preferred location, and have to reset some elements in the Settings>Graphics.

There are a couple of FPS lost, and the C172 is still unable to bank more than 5Deg, if you reload an existing situation (.sit).

It still flies like a brick below 50 KIAS, the real 172 will fly, with decent control down to around 35KIAS.

The ground handling with some Xwind is still a problem, will likely never get fixed.

The Instrument panel is still too dark and in many conditions you cannot see / distinguish the knobs from the background.

Many other problems, too many to list, exist and I would still recommend to skip XP12 and get XP11 and or FS2020.

PS- A new problem with the AP / C172, if you load a .sit you just created, Exit and Restart XP, the AP will no longer engage. To get around this you need to go to Top Menu>Developer> Reload Acft, this is also the work around for other AP issues that may only bank 5 Deg... when AP is engaged.

Another New issue is Not  loading some of the scripts and No errors generated. If you do not see something you expect from LUA Scripts, reload all LUA scripts.

@flytv1 The new patch works for me so far, and I haven't noticed any funky stuff from my scripts. I wonder of XP Pro suffers from the problems you are reporting.

I am sorry you aren't pleased with the progress. Please file problem reports on the problems that you can duplicate. I imagine Phillip and the bunch of pilots could use your abundant knowledge of the C172 flight model to make XP the best thing going. Here's the link:

https://www.x-plane.com/x-plane-bug-report-form/

Easy to fill out and you usually get a response that they've received it.

I admit I don't save flights anymore, as they have never worked correctly for me. It is easy enough to just start a new flight each session. I use FSE and it remembers where I landed each time, I just need to change the parking spot on the next flight.

I actually think I'm getting 1 to 2 FPS more now, but I have no data to prove it, just a feeling at my test airport (KLAX RWY 6 @ noon on July 1, all scenery and plugins running).

*** Stay Thursday, my friend. ***

3 hours ago, dolph98 said:

Please file problem reports on the problems that you can duplicate.

Hi.

Unfortunately reporting no longer has any effect. They will do what they want when they want. There are many reports with the problems that I mentioned, and I reported them before, with no real result.

I found that the best approach, if you know the answer on how to fix something, and try to help others, is to post it for others to use.

Not being able to Save a Situation is a Huge problem for many due to the fact that many flights that we do are very complex with many way points especially for IFR flights and having to recreate them can take  very long time, and it is a Basic function that Must work.

There is a feeling of arrogance / desperation exuding from this group that I did not see before. Every time you read something is noted as the best, perfect,... and the next notice they go about on how it will be more perfect?

There is Nothing new in this release that pertains to Flight, there was some, maybe small small, improvement in the tire spool up / friction, that caused acft to crash on landings, but it looks like it was dialed down again.

It's all about ships and clouds, and still lousy flight dynamics in may cases, system operational issues... With this attitude they will not be around long.

All the people that I work with have given up on XP12 and some have just moved over completely.

I hope they awake up soon. They talk a big game but the results / reality is completely different.

XP12 is horrible mess, for RW GA pilots, unless you just want to play and pretend that you are some hot shot wannabe Heavy pilot or look for some eye candy that does not work well either.

I can't argue with any of that. I am a happy user but I'm not a real pilot and have no hopes of affording a ticket at all.

XP12 fits my needs better than any sim I've used in the past, from FS4 to FS2020, and XP9 and up. YMMV of course. I look at it as a hobby and I like to solve problems. I have not had much luck duplicating all the problems I've seen people having, so I keep quiet usually and just watch. XP12 and my system get along fine, with a little tweaking and goading here and there.

*** Stay Thursday, my friend. ***

On 11/10/2023 at 6:11 AM, dolph98 said:

...happy user but I'm not a real pilot...

Hi.

Nothing wrong with that, but you and I are looking at this from a totally different perspective.

I've been in RW Aviation for close to 50 years, and almost just as long using simulators. My first Navigation simulator, ADF, VOR.. using +-><... was on an IBM Mainframe.

I use them strictly as tools and evaluate them to decide if others can also use them as tools, and XP12 is at least to date, is one of the most useless when it comes to that.

If you want to get a better idea a the Real frame rate you can use a .bat file placed in the same directory as the X-Plane.exe. You will find the result in the Log.txt, search for FPS

See a couple of examples below, just copy the text and name your saved files as   anything.bat. You can choose test=  1,3,5,41,43,45.. for different complexities.

The 737 is standard in XPlane for the C172 you will need to modify replace line 5  from  file: test_flight_737.fps located in   ...\Output\replays to read:

KSEA 200 Aircraft/Laminar Research/Cessna 172 SP/Cessna_172SP_G1000.acf

or whatever acft you want to use and call it:  test_flight_C172G1000.fps

x-plane.exe --fps_test=45 --load_smo=Output/replays/test_flight_737.fps

x-plane.exe --fps_test=1 --load_smo=Output/replays/test_flight_C172G1000.fps

Don't give up on trying to become a pilot, if you want it. It's very doable.

• Like 1