Is FSX destined "out to pasture"

jamarogers

It's hard to compete with all the new and maintained flight sims published since 2006... yep FSX is approaching 20 years of age and that in itself speaks well for its appeal to us users.  While I understand MS's latest offering, I can't understand ASOBO's inability (or unwillingness) to publish a SDK that gives users an interface for mission building.  As a result, I've all but lost interest in simulation altogether, along with the members of my site, FSXMissionsHangar.com. 

Our site has been around for over a decade and remains self sustained and ad free.  It also has a wealth of information about FSX, has hundreds of missions, and a plethora of info on mission building.  Only a handful of supporting members remain active, yet I'm reluctant to put up the $100+ per year needed to continue the site's hosting and security.

If anyone here is willing to take over the helm or even work with me to transfer all the site's content here for preservation, please let me know.  You may also register at the site (free) if you're simply interested in its offerings.  We're financed by $10/year contributions from a few supporting members, in exchange for their access to our HQ missions.  All other features of the site are otherwise free to any registered member.

Thanks for reading offering any ideas you may have for the site.  We'll be OFF line the end of March of 2024.

Jake, Admin and founder of FSXMissionsHangar.com

There's an MSFS mission tutorial in 7 installments here: https://flightsim.to/file/9805/mission-tutorial and quite a few FSX missions converted for MSFS here: https://flightsim.to/discover/missions?s=mission&category=0&sorting=0&page=1&filter=

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64