C172 default settings

Is there a file (or mod) that I can adjust to have certain settings changed each and every time I start up the default C172?

I have to adjust the glareshield down to off, place the flaps in the up position, hide the yokes.  Sure, it does not take long, but it would be nice to get into the AC and have these items already "fixed".

Yes, it may not be realistic, but that is not why I fly 🙂

Windows 10 Pro, 32 gigs DDR4 RAM, Nvidia GForce RTX 3070, Intel I7 10700 running at 3.8, with Noctua NH-L9x65, Premium Low-Profile CPU Cooler-HP Reverb G2 for Virtual Reality

A year or so ago, I asked about hiding the yoke after startup.  The answer I received was that we could not do that as the code is not available to users.

Windows 11, GeForce GTX 1660ti; 3.60 gigahertz AMD Ryzen 5 3600 6-Core; Kingston SA2000M81000G SSD; 16 gb RAM; CH yoke; Saitek pedals; Three monitors; TrackIR 3.

6 hours ago, nsproles said:

A year or so ago, I asked about hiding the yoke after startup.  The answer I received was that we could not do that as the code is not available to users.

Figured the answer would be no.  Oh well 🙂    Thanks for the reply 🙂 

Windows 10 Pro, 32 gigs DDR4 RAM, Nvidia GForce RTX 3070, Intel I7 10700 running at 3.8, with Noctua NH-L9x65, Premium Low-Profile CPU Cooler-HP Reverb G2 for Virtual Reality

Have you tried the following:

- place the aircraft on your favourite runway

- perform modifications

- save as a .flt file

- shut down MSFS

- when you restart MSFS next time...

- go to the world map

- reload the .flt file

In a quick test I made it worked for a C152 for flaps and yoke.

AMD Ryzen 5 3600, 32Gb RAM,

NVidia Geforce RTX 2600, 3 Monitors (two 1280 x 1024, one 1920 x 1080),

SSD 1000 GB and SSD 500 GB

1 hour ago, grimsel said:

Have you tried the following:

- place the aircraft on your favourite runway

- perform modifications

- save as a .flt file

- shut down MSFS

- when you restart MSFS next time...

- go to the world map

- reload the .flt file

In a quick test I made it worked for a C152 for flaps and yoke.

Could I then load up a saved flight plan or would doing that erase the FIT file?   Interesting thought.

While thinking about this, I remembered that on the 3rd party AC, PA-28 they have a save state option (in which everything that was done to the AC is saved, switches position etc)

1 hour ago, davidc2 said:

Could I then load up a saved flight plan or would doing that erase the FIT file?   Interesting thought.

No idea - I haven't tested. Would you give it a try and let us know?

7 hours ago, grimsel said:

No idea - I haven't tested. Would you give it a try and let us know?

I did try it out.  No luck.  With the FLT file, it took me to the airport I had saved it at (KJAX), even though I had a flight loaded from KMCO

Oh well 🙂 

I found something, but that does not really look very efficient to me:

- create a flight plan and save it.

- start the flight; you will be on the runway of the airport where you want to take off

- adjust the aircraft configuration

- store as a FLT file

Now if you quit MSFS and return, by loading the FLT file the flight plan is loaded with it and the configuration of the aircraft is preserved. It seems the FLT file knows about the flight plan, but you cannot make the flight plan know about the FLT file.

But I'm afraid, that is not really what you wanted to achieve.

4 hours ago, grimsel said:

I found something, but that does not really look very efficient to me:

- create a flight plan and save it.

- start the flight; you will be on the runway of the airport where you want to take off

- adjust the aircraft configuration

- store as a FLT file

Now if you quit MSFS and return, by loading the FLT file the flight plan is loaded with it and the configuration of the aircraft is preserved. It seems the FLT file knows about the flight plan, but you cannot make the flight plan know about the FLT file.

But I'm afraid, that is not really what you wanted to achieve.

Hmm

I've had to read your posting a couple of times, but I get where you are going.  Interesting, and as you have pointed out, not what I really wanted to achieve.  But, I like the thinking.. 🙂