Object libraries

neilking2706

Please excuse my abominable ignorance but I've seen a few freeware sceneries that say "You need such and such an object library".

I *think* I understand what an object library is (a selection of objects, like vehicles for e.g., that the scenery picks up on and if the library is not present, objects in it which the author has designed into the scenery won't appear - right?) but how do I install them? Is it just like adding a scenery area to the scenery library (at a level lower than the scenery area that uses it?) or something else?

Can anyone direct me to a tutorial on this? Or if answering here, please keep your answers v simple assuming I know nothing!

TIA 

Just drop the object libraries into the Addon Scenery folder and add them to the scenery list as any other scenery, layer them above default scenery but below everything else.  These are common collections of objects - fences, vehicles, buildings, antennas, ships, etc. - used by many sceneries, so easier to have one set than to have duplicate files in many sceneries.

2 minutes ago, jgf said:

Just drop the object libraries into the Addon Scenery folder and add them to the scenery list as any other scenery, layer them above default scenery but below everything else.  These are common collections of objects - fences, vehicles, buildings, antennas, ships, etc. - used by many sceneries, so easier to have one set than to have duplicate files in many sceneries.

Excellent, thanks for the quick reply!

• 4 weeks later...