An updated version of Jet Simming 21st Century by flight-sim author and instructor Bill Stack has been released by TopSkills. The updated manual describes and explains the Cessna Citation CJ4 and Cessna Citation Longitude that were substantially upgraded by Microsoft and Asobo in 2023.

“Microsoft’s upgraded Cessna jets are very different from their previous renditions,” notes Mr. Stack. “I tested the new models, recorded their performance figures, and analyzed those data. My upgrade explains changes to the physical and performance characteristics as well as operational systems and the flight-management computers.”

Chapters about the Airbus A320, Boeing 747-8I, and Boeing 787-10 Dreamliner have been enhanced as well. Instructions, images, tables, checklists, definitions, explanations, and descriptions for all the book’s jets have been improved and sharpened. With 340 pages, the upgraded book has almost 10 percent more content for the same price.

Jet Simming 21st Century explains jet basics, planning and preparing, and step-by-step procedures for all flight phases from pre-flight at departure airports through shutdown at destinations.

"I spent several months updating this comprehensive manual," notes author Bill Stack. “Flight simmers seeking true realism will enjoy their enhanced simulations as a result.”

Jet Simming 21st Century Version 2 is available here from the FlightSimCom Store.

Consumers who purchased Version 1 can download Version 2 from their retailers for no additional cost.

TopSkillsJetSimming21V2_600x600.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

I purchased a Copy of your first Jet Simming book, but I can't remember where I purchased it from! 

Is it still possible to obtain the Revised Copy?

Thanks! 🙂

"I created the Little Black Book to keep myself from getting killed..." -- Captain Elrey Borge Jeppesen

AMD 1.9GB/8GB RAM/AMD VISION 1GB GPU/500 GB HDD/WIN 7 PRO 64/FS9 CFS CFS2

COSIM banner_AVSIM3.JPG

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the Reply, Bill!

Unfortunately, it appears that the folks @ the FlightSim Store have deleted my Account, since they no longer have my email address on file. Might have been when they changed everything around. But that's okay, since it looks as if the Update has much more to do with MSFS and Products for that Sim.

Your very helpful and informative 1st Edition will still work for my since I still use FS9, and do not plan to upgrade to a new Platform anytime soon.

Happy Selling! 🙂

VP2 😉

"I created the Little Black Book to keep myself from getting killed..." -- Captain Elrey Borge Jeppesen

AMD 1.9GB/8GB RAM/AMD VISION 1GB GPU/500 GB HDD/WIN 7 PRO 64/FS9 CFS CFS2

COSIM banner_AVSIM3.JPG

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Bill,

I have an issue I have been battling for almost two years.  I have MSFS2020 and it works fine but I am unable to access the MSFS2020 forum and they are unable to address this apparent classical issue reported by others. Each time I attempt to log in or sign up immediately get the infamous message:

"The software powering this discussion forum encountered an unexpected problem. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Detailed information about the error was logged, and an automatic notification generated. We'll take a look at it.

No further action is necessary. However, if the error condition persists, you can provide additional detail, including steps to reproduce the error, by posting a discussion topic in the site's feedback category". This error code was originally reported by many in early 2022.  It seems to be MS account related but no real means to fix it.  Microsoft is no help and the Zendesk at the forum isn't really either. They blame MS.  You seem to likely be well versed in these issues and wondering if you could offer some suggestions.  I I have tried all I know and could find to remedy but to no avail.  My MSFS2020 is completely recognized by MS and I can purchase from the Marketplace inside MDFS without issues but to get to the forum is impossible. Thanks

Jerry

10/02 as well!

Processor 11th Gen Intel® Core i7-11700F @ 2.50GHz 2.50 GHz

Installed RAM 16.0 GB (15.9 GB usable)

Nvidia Geforce GTX 2060

Hello,

If you purchased Version 1 of Jet Simming 21st Century from FlightSimCom, you can download the updated version from FlightSimCom under your account. If you are referring to the old FSX version of Jet Simming, it is no longer available. Further questions or needs can be answered directly by FlightSimCom's customer service: https://store.flightsim.com/crm.asp?action=contactus.

Enjoy,

Bill Stack