Runway bleed/earth curvature problem on fs9->fsx scenery

Help needed from the pros, I'm still very new to scenery development and repair and I'm running out of my known options as to how to resolve this.

I tried porting over an fs9 scenery to fsx. At first everything seems to be fine: buildings are properly placed, landclass is properly located, Apron is in pristine condition, etc.

Everything could have been ok if it wasnt for one problem, whenever I reach the runways, the scenery runways seem to flicker and seems to get buried by either the default runway or the grass. I tried flattening it with ADE but to no avail. I tried using MCX's ground poly converter and converted the runways and adjusted their layering and altitude but still failed.

I ask for your professional help. Maybe there is something I missed, or something i have done wrong or something I still haven't known that you might know:)

Here is some screens for your reference:

2015-5-3_0-44-2-119_zps4flsefhq.jpg

2015-5-3_0-47-59-855_zpsptdvkh1q.jpg

2015-5-3_0-48-40-50_zpsno57ufyq.jpg

Any help is accepted ;)

Cheers!

Al

Airports are usually placed over a flattened area so Earth curvature is not supposed to be a problem (especially in such a small area.) The airport would have to be many miles in size to be affected by curvature. It might just be a bumpy mesh area. Did you apply a flatten?

-Pv-

2 carrot salad, 10.41 liter bucket, electric doorbell, 17 inch fan, 12X14, 85 Dbm

I'm hardly an expert, but when I've had issues like this before, and simply laying down a flatten didn't work, my next step is to lay down an apron (which by default will be at the same altitude as the airport and runways), make sure its material surface is close in color to the runway, and grab the corners and try to tuck them under the corners of the runway (like a fitted bed sheet to a matress). This will hopefully reinforce your airport's structure and let the sim know that u mean business, and aren't going to put up w/ that nonsense. In my experience it's worked most of the time.

The object isn't to have the apron surface exposed out from under the runway, unless you like the look of apron edges paralleling your runway like a borderline, but rather to hide underneath to prevent the texture tearing and ground exposure under the runways (as seen in your pictures). It's another layer of protection and you're trying to reinforce the notion that a given runway is at such-and-such feet MSL; and it's helpful to have multiple items underneath, at the same alt, to drive that point home.

BTW... aprons typically go under runways by default in the pecking order of who appears above who. But should u run into a situation where the apron is trying to cover the runway, stop and right click on it and make sure it is moved to the back per the "layer appearance order".

Archived