Autonomous Autopilot

I am having a hard time getting the AUTOPILOT to actually complete a flight plan. I can choose a flight plan from the MSFS World Map or import one from Little Navmap. The Autopilot will only fly the Approach 10% of the time. Most of the times the flight plan comes to an end where the approach should start. There is no approach course showing. I have to complete the flight manually. When there is an approach with a transition it flies the course right to landing. 

MadMav24

Omen 45L - Intel i9-12900K W/Liquid Cooler - 64Gb DDR4-3733MHz Heatsink RAM - GeForce RTX3080 - ATX 800W 80+ Gold PSU - 1x2 TB WD Black M.2 SSD. - Honeycomb Alpha Yoke - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Unit- Logitech Pro Flight Rudder Pedals- TrackIR v5 - Sony 4K 75" TV Monitor - Modified Obutto OZone Cockpit.

Are you selecting an approach using the Procedures button on your EFIS and then loading it into your plan?  It is easy to forget to actually load the approaches into the plan that you have entered. Dependant on the EFIS you are using you may be required to arm VNAV before you get to TOD and to arm APR before you arrive at your FAF.  Perhaps a few more details on what equipment you are using and how you are using it may help to resolve your problem.

Windows 11, GeForce GTX 1660ti; 3.60 gigahertz AMD Ryzen 5 3600 6-Core; Kingston SA2000M81000G SSD; 16 gb RAM; CH yoke; Saitek pedals; Three monitors; TrackIR 3.

I'm flying the TBM 930. Yes, I'm having to check the way points, then delete the ones that are not in the flight plan. I check the Procedure and make sure it is correct. I don't understand why MSFS adds the additional waypoints.

MadMav24

Omen 45L - Intel i9-12900K W/Liquid Cooler - 64Gb DDR4-3733MHz Heatsink RAM - GeForce RTX3080 - ATX 800W 80+ Gold PSU - 1x2 TB WD Black M.2 SSD. - Honeycomb Alpha Yoke - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Unit- Logitech Pro Flight Rudder Pedals- TrackIR v5 - Sony 4K 75" TV Monitor - Modified Obutto OZone Cockpit.

On 8/29/2023 at 8:24 PM, MadMav24 said:

Most of the times the flight plan comes to an end where the approach should start.

Where this happens, in real life you would be vectored by ATC to the first point of the approach but MSFS can't do this and so it *should* insert a 'MANSEQ' (manual sequence) waypoint instead.

It can also happen in SID's, where you would be vectored by ATC to the first waypoint of your ENR (enroute) segment.

I've just done an IFR-only tour around Europe and the eastern Mediterranean in the TBM (below) and I just selected the next waypoint after the MANSEQ and activated Direct To.

spacer.png

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

1 hour ago, tiger1962 said:

Where this happens, in real life you would be vectored by ATC to the first point of the approach but MSFS can't do this and so it *should* insert a 'MANSEQ' (manual sequence) waypoint instead.

It can also happen in SID's, where you would be vectored by ATC to the first waypoint of your ENR (enroute) segment.

I've just done an IFR-only tour around Europe and the eastern Mediterranean in the TBM (below) and I just selected the next waypoint after the MANSEQ and activated Direct To.

spacer.png

1 minute ago, MadMav24 said:

'MANSEQ' (manual sequence) waypoint instead. I was wondering what the "MANSEQ" stood for. I am figuring out how to enter the waypoints and procedures. My last flight ATC waited to long for TOD. I had to descend @ 2000 f.p.m. to mget down to 4000 ft. Thanks for the input. 

MSFS ATC will calculate your descent rate based on your climb rate. I found that 2000fpm was normal for the TBM in climb and descent.

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64