Cannot start FSX Gold\Acceleration ?

berlopez

All of a sudden my sim decided to stop working and not start from Icon, or anywhere else ( Even trying to use the FSX.exe from the FSX tree in the C:\

All I was doing was installing one of my addonns,I have had for years. Feelthere LEGACY; After accepting the gauges I restarted  FSX and began to get this message:

ERROR ID=25

(Null)

Then (ok); After clicking this...Nothing...?

I Googled this and it tells  me it's a common problem with "Activation" I have had the sim working in this computer flawlessly for over seven years...And it starts now with this HeadAche!

Can anyone assist/ advice, Please.

Upon clicking the .exe in the program tree under my C:\ I am now getting an ERROR CODE:8- 0000006; The rotating default plane shows,Music plays aand then the sim goes CTD.Bhuuaa!

Berlopez

9 hours ago, berlopez said:

All of a sudden my sim decided to stop working and not start from Icon, or anywhere else ( Even trying to use the FSX.exe from the FSX tree in the C:\

All I was doing was installing one of my addonns,I have had for years. Feelthere LEGACY; After accepting the gauges I restarted  FSX and began to get this message:

ERROR ID=25

(Null)

Then (ok); After clicking this...Nothing...?

I Googled this and it tells  me it's a common problem with "Activation" I have had the sim working in this computer flawlessly for over seven years...And it starts now with this HeadAche!

Can anyone assist/ advice, Please.

Upon clicking the .exe in the program tree under my C:\ I am now getting an ERROR CODE:8- 0000006; The rotating default plane shows,Music plays aand then the sim goes CTD.Bhuuaa!

Berlopez

Hi It's not a activation problem.You get activation problem if you reinstall FSX.I never seen those errors before.Will keep looking for a answer good luck.

It might be a logbook issue. I had one the other day; FSX would not get past the splashscreen, and Task Manager indicated that it was running, along with UT2 and the Couatl scripting engine. It's a good thing that I had Logedit 3 installed. My prior flight had experienced a OOM issue (which I have troubleshot as being due to FSXWX issues; back to FSrealWXLite for flying in scenery-intensive areas; problem solved). It was a matter of erasing the OOM-aborted flight, and voila; FSX launched normally, and behaved as it should. I was able to complete the aborted flight, which my VA auto-accepted the PIREP for.

Not knowing better Jørgen I don't know to interpret the Event Viewer ? 

I also attempted to uninstall FSX Accl. from Control Panel, run it, then tried to reinstall after uninstalling my addons. To No avail after running discs 1&2...And then putting in the Acceleration disc at the end it gaave me an error:

ERROR NUMBER   0x800040702

Description: Failed to load DLL. Gamer

Set Up Will Now Terminate.

So I achieved nothing  😭

Berlopez

"Interpreting the Event Viewer" isn't exactly rocket science, since I am able to figure it out.

First of all, you note down the time of a crash. If you don't have the time, provoke a crash.

Then right-click on your Windows Start button, and select "Event Viewer" from the menu. Click on the little arrow next to "Windows Logs", then on the arrow next to "Application".

Now, in the top center pane scroll down to the time of the crash, and there should be one or two entries at that time labelled "Error". Highlight each of those, and the error information will show in the bottom center panel. This information you can then copy into a post here.

All I am doing then is take the "Exception code" from the report, and search the web for it.... easy peasy, no magic involved.

The most common exception I encounter is C0000005, which is a "Memory Exception" - "something" attempting to write to an area of RAM where it has no access rights. In all the cases I have seen of this one, the culprit has turned out to be a badly programmed or incompatible add-on.

Jorgen

PS: our beloved friend Mr. Zippy has a nice graphic of where to go in Event Viewer.

I have had this happen a few times; I moved my fsx.cfg file out of its location, which causes fsx to build a new one.

Normally located in C:\Users\yourname\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX

You will have to set fsx up the way you want it again, but at least fsx will be working again.

Control Panel-> Administrative Tools-> Event Viewer, select Custom Views-> Administrative Events.
One of the listed events will be for your CTD. The "Faulting Module" should point to the problem area.

Tell us what the Faulting Module is! That will point us in the direction of the proper error, aiding in troubleshooting.
It should look something like this!

'll show you an example of the error details :

Faulting application name: fsx.exe, version: 10.0.61637.0, time stamp: 0x46fadb14

Faulting module name:(This is what is needed!: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x00000000

Exception code: 0xc0000005

Fault offset: 0x04f40000

Faulting process id: 0xb84

Faulting application start time: 0x01ce5e7b4fec05cd

Faulting application path: E:\FSX\fsx.exe

Faulting module path: unknown

Report Id: 85f639de-ca93-11e2-afac-00e04c054dc3

Faulting package full name:

Faulting package-relative application ID:

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

• 4 weeks later...

Jørgen I m attempting a complete reinstall of FSX Gold, as I realized I was (I don't know how or why) Running FSX from a deskTop folder I had created to make changes and had copied the FSX.EXE there too. It ran only for 30 mins. meaning it was not validated. I DON'T KNOW HOW ALL THIS WAS POSSIBLE ? FSX didn't even show in the list of installed programs and features ??? I have fallowed intruction from the PMDG site to uninstall and I think I have a clean C:\ ready to install FSX\Gold again

I'll report...

Before you begin installing, let's make sure that all remnants of FSX are really removed.

First, in Windows Control Panel, make sure FSX is uninstalled from there (I have no idea of what the PMDG uninstall instructions say). Then, in Windows File Explorer, go to the drive where FSX was installed, and in the search box type:

fsx

and let the search run. Delete what was found. If this drive was different from the C drive, repeat this on the C drive. On C there will be items that cannot be removed, just skip those. Reboot.

Now, create a folder on C and call it for example C:\FSX (if you haven't done so already). This is to keep FSX out of the reach of UAC. Install the first 2 disks to there, and at the end of the installation (important) fly around for a minute or so. Shut FSX down. Activate. Reboot. Now install the Acceleration disk, at the end again fly around for a minute. Shut FSX down. Activate Acceleration. Reboot.

Now you should be ready to go.

If you have a second drive, consider installing FSX on that instead of on C, just follow the above procedure.

Happy flying -

Jorgen