Looking for an important Scenery...

Airbasil_1

As a french desired Pilot, i really love the French Airports of FranceVFR... 

Though I just experienced a massive Crash where all my HDD's got formatted unfortunately iretrievable and a had a total loss of 6Terabyte of Flightsim Data... where I even lost one of my most loved Sceneries ever... 

XPSimulation Montpellier 2005 for FS2004 

Does anyone still now where I can get that? I really want to have it again... it would be a massive boost to rebuilt my sim again from scratch... after that tragic loss of Data... 

Thanks in advance... 

• Haha 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/21/2023 at 8:02 PM, Airbasil_1 said:

As a french desired Pilot, i really love the French Airports of FranceVFR... 

Though I just experienced a massive Crash where all my HDD's got formatted unfortunately iretrievable and a had a total loss of 6Terabyte of Flightsim Data... where I even lost one of my most loved Sceneries ever... 

XPSimulation Montpellier 2005 for FS2004 

Does anyone still now where I can get that? I really want to have it again... it would be a massive boost to rebuilt my sim again from scratch... after that tragic loss of Data... 

Thanks in advance... 

Go here and PM the poster:

https://www.kaskus.co.id/show_post/57a6d5a3620881ab5c8b4567/3028/fs2004-xpsimulations-montpellier-2005-rip

Lol, I was going to mention this is available via torrent, though it might take a while as only a couple of peers are shown.  The ethics of this are controversial;  some say no problem since the company that created this is no longer around, others say that doesn't matter it is still "theft".

15 hours ago, jgf said:

Lol, I was going to mention this is available via torrent, though it might take a while as only a couple of peers are shown.  The ethics of this are controversial;  some say no problem since the company that created this is no longer around, others say that doesn't matter it is still "theft".

There were, probably still are, 2 payware product download links on this site left totally active. Developer was gone but the product was never released as freeware.
I don't know what the stance is here? I would like to see some official clarification.

Mark Daniels

4 minutes ago, Skywatcher12 said:

I don't know what the stance is here? I would like to see some official clarification.

Morally ... it's as wrong as you consider it to be.

Legally ... it'll depend on the copyright laws in the jurisdictions involved.

Practically ... if there's no-one around who's interested or cares enough to pursue the case nothing's likely to happen, but, if they do, things might get expensive!

6 hours ago, chris_eve said:

Morally ... it's as wrong as you consider it to be.

Legally ... it'll depend on the copyright laws in the jurisdictions involved.

Practically ... if there's no-one around who's interested or cares enough to pursue the case nothing's likely to happen, but, if they do, things might get expensive!

Official not opinion, no offense.
There are active links here which were not removed. I just checked and they are still here and still active.
I couldn't believe this site left them up.

As an opinion, I play many games and the older the age group the more concerned they are over such things. 
I only recently came across something I created 23 years ago being posted without my permission.
Couldn't believe it was still online.
Does it matter? Heck no. I'm more amazed someone found it useful enough to download 23 years on. All the best to them! 

Mark Daniels

9 hours ago, Skywatcher12 said:

I'm more amazed someone found it useful enough to download 23 years on. All the best to them! 

Lol, recently I wrote someone for permission to mod some files they created for a racesim a dozen years ago.  Their response was "Do what you want with them.  I'm surprised anyone is still interested."

At the other extreme, ages ago I tweaked one of Mike Stone's aircraft to create the military version.  Since this entailed modified air and cfg files i could not upload without his "express written consent".  None of the email addresses in the docs for several of his aircraft, nor several addresses given me in the forums, elicited any response.  So no upload.

As for software such as the scenery in question, or a popular nav program, the developer has disappeared, there is no website, you cannot pay;  so I see nothing wrong with giving out a registration code or listing a download since that dev is not being deprived of anything.

7 hours ago, jgf said:

As for software such as the scenery in question, or a popular nav program, the developer has disappeared, there 

If you are referring to the "popular nav programme" that I think you are (FS Navigaator), the developer has not disappeared at all - he has moved on to an FSX-upwards version (FS Tramp). He holds strong opinions that nobody should use FS2004 any more - those on this forum will obviously not agree but he is entitled to his opinion. And his legal rights.

John

http://www.adventure-unlimited.org

My co-pilot's name is Sid and he's a star!

On 9/15/2023 at 3:17 PM, Skywatcher12 said:

Really? WOW! 🤣
Does he know people still play Atari games?

Yes, really, Mark. I didn't claim it is my opinion, or yours, I was just repeating what he told me.

His FSX-upward equivalent is magnificent by comparison, showing a 3D coloured landscape, AI traffic (including on the ground) and even taxiway names. It is such a shame it isn't FS2004 compatible - FS2004 and FSX are technically so similar that there can't be much preventing it being so. But those of us who choose to still live in the Dark Ages (and we all have our reasons) have to accept that less and less add-ons will be available as years progress for our strange pastime. Some add-ons have been killed stone-dead - at least this one still works for those who bought it all those years ago.

Best regards,

John

• Like 1

http://www.adventure-unlimited.org

My co-pilot's name is Sid and he's a star!

On 9/17/2023 at 7:55 AM, johnhinson said:

have to accept that less and less add-ons will be available as years progress

Ah, I am well prepared for that.  I've no idea how many CDs/DVDs of downloaded files are stashed in the hall closet, but on a 1tB external USB drive exists over 130g of FS9 files, 90% of all this has never been installed ...including some payware aircraft.

Over the years this has been a source of merriment to many forums ("why save all that, you can just download it again if needed");  but I look at the many games sites that have disappeared over the years, taking untold files with them.

• 2 months later...

Does anyone have a reasonable Scenery of Nuuk Airport, Greenland for FS2004? Possibly a conversion of the FSDG Nuuk Airport?
As well as a reasonable Greenland Mesh?

as Toni Agramont's Greenland Freeware Scenery is totaly unuseable... 

• The Airport is nowhere near where it should be
  • Half of the Town of Nuuk is in the Waters... 

any Ideas? 

409183435_10231414072324996_2424653155225602824_n.thumb.jpg.90cf9fc2c252dc2d0c7a461c1c1628d2.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Guys, 

I'm currently looking for ORBX Tamworth Freeware Scenery for FS2004 which once was downloadable in the library of OZX Forum
Unfortunately I lost this scenery... and the Aussiex Forum doesn't exist anylonger... and with that, the Scenerie downloadss have all been gone. 

Does anyone still have this beauty and could send me via PM? 

That would be beautiful. 

Thanks a ton in Advance! 

• 3 months later...

oooh... these once would be a nice to have... glad you still have them... 
Would massively appreciate if you d' be willing to share them. 

Thanks a ton, in advance.