Guess I deserve the "Big Dummy Award" but at least it's a lesson learned. Most times when I start a flight (B787-10), I'm on the runway, ready to roll (default). Of course there are things that still need babysitting (FMC, EICAS preferences, etc.). Oh, and proper amount of fuel. In the past, I've just been using the CENTER, LEFT MAIN & RIGHT MAIN sliders to adjust fuel amounts. A few days ago, I decided to alter that routine a bit and move the FUEL slider full left to 0.00%, then work from there. After gassing up, I'd return to COCKPIT view only to find my engines shut down, then had to go do the engine start-up stuff. Well, you big dummy. when you moved FUEL slider to 0.00%, your engines were out of juice. so of course, they shut down. So, don't do dat!

p.s. For those not familiar with "dat", it is how New Orleanian natives (moi included) and probably Brooklynites pronounce "that".

6 minutes ago, budreiser said:

when you moved FUEL slider to 0.00%, your engines were out of juice. so of course, they shut down. So, don't do dat!

Especially if in the air!

Always Aviate, then Navigate, then Communicate. And never be low on Fuel, Altitude, Airspeed, or Ideas.

phrog x 2.jpg

Laptop, Intel Core i7 CPU 1.80GHz 2.30 GHz, 8GB RAM, 64-bit, NVIDIA GeoForce MX 130, Extra large coffee-black.

15 minutes ago, budreiser said:

p.s. For those not familiar with "dat", it is how New Orleanian natives (moi included) and probably Brooklynites pronounce "that".

Any relation to "Who dat"?

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️